Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

If Grealish goes to Spurs we will be mid table at best.

A lot of games were played without Jack, he was missing in several of the games he played in. Also MOTM in a few. But I would rather lose him than Chester.

I expect little change without him

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I'm sure we have been here before.

He just needs another preseason e.t.c.

Not long now till the mass hysteria remarks are being banded about.

I am mildly pro Bruce but I do hope he learnt his lesson with that "hysteria" crap. As his mate Mick McCarthy learnt nobody gets a pass on insulting the fans. Football managers get paid a lot of money to act professionally, football fans pay a lot of money and have every right to (reasonably) criticise the job a manager does.

• Thanks 1

The one solace I have is I knew the guys we have in charge now have too much not to succeed, if we don't do it this year we will do it eventually.

I enjoyed last season on the whole, home games especially. We were winning most weeks, it was great. Even a dogshit 1-0 against Bolton I can go home happy.
The only thing in the back of my mind was that I knew it was all or nothing that season, that everything rested on promotion. It got stressful. If it wasn't for that I would have been quite content tbh.

Bruce gets one more shot, we will win a fair few games this season. Whether we go that extra step remains to be seen, but guys, we were days away from implosion. I am relatively content right now

If Bruce doesn't do the business, someone else will. These guys are serious players, not some idiot winging it. We will get there. Doing a Venky's and ripping up all stablity just for the sake of it would have been silly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That he would kick start playing better football and provide an opportunity for younger members of the squad maybe ?

I am 100% convinced this is a pragmatic decision. He’s not been given a free pass. 

As an aside, a change in Manager would’ve been no guarantee of better football !

surely the owners would have done their research and realised he has shown no evidence of this in his managerial career?

genuinely can't remember a young player he has brought through in any of his roles, and although we played good stuff in very limited patches last season (when he had the best squad he has ever had to work with in relative terms), he has never played decent football for a prolonged period

wanted change (not Henry), but now where stuck with Bruce he has my passive support

17 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If Grealish goes to Spurs we will be mid table at best.

Maybe, maybe not, but I don't see how ripping up the pre-season prep and throwing a new guy in 10 days out from the new season helps matters

Edited by flamingsombrero

Perfect for Bruce too, he already convinced fans the squad wasn't good enough last year, because we sold players we didn't need and he bought a team with the money, so he will love knowing he has a ready made excuse this season for his second failure in two years (not getting promoted this year).

• Like 1

Â