Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Mmmm....that statement is not exactly a ringing endorsement with no quotes from NSWE. Unless there is another more detailed comms on the way, this seems very much like a short term plan.....it’s as though they forgot to add the words ‘....for now’.  

Disappointed that SB remains but I firmly believe it is a decision based on logistics and timings as opposed to him matching the vision. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

A dinosaur of a manager and he won't have my support.

See you in another 6 months time when zero progress has been made.

This.

I can hear the excuses now!

• Like 1

Happy with this, I think he deserves another six months to see where he can get us. Last season he came close after a terrible year personally, and with a team with a lot of injuries to key players.

I think changing the manager this close to the season and putting someone like Henry in charge with zero experience would have massively hindered us at the start of the season.

Those that don't agree with Bruce staying fair enough, but give him a chance and get behind him and the team. We all need to be pulling in the same direction this season, especially with the young players in the squad.

• Like 3

Well, I think it's good news, and I think it's the right thing to do for our situation right now. 

If we fail to progress or go backwards this season then fair enough, time for a change, he's then had two full seasons.

I actually think we'll surprise a few people this year. 

• Like 3

Right decision at this moment in time. Too close to the start of a new season to change, and with new owners finding their feet bruce is a safe pair of hands. Not everyones favourite decision but the best one under the circumstances.

• Like 4

Just now, wilko154 said:

Happy with this, I think he deserves another six months to see where he can get us. Last season he came close after a terrible year personally, and with a team with a lot of injuries to key players.

I think changing the manager this close to the season and putting someone like Henry in charge with zero experience would have massively hindered us at the start of the season.

Those that don't agree with Bruce staying fair enough, but give him a chance and get behind him and the team. We all need to be pulling in the same direction this season, especially with the young players in the squad.

Absolutely this. We must remember what he went through last year and how he stuck to his job throughout, showed guts and determination and should be applauded. We all know we need to play better football, do we think he doesn't?

• Like 2

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Absolutely this. We must remember what he went through last year and how he stuck to his job throughout, showed guts and determination and should be applauded. We all know we need to play better football, do we think he doesn't?

What he went through is not a reason to keep a manager who failed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce with the same squad and additions will give us a great shot at promotion. I wonder if these funds that are supposedly there will cover this? 

I'm sure we have been here before.

He just needs another preseason e.t.c.

Not long now till the mass hysteria remarks are being banded about.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Â