Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He needs to be making substitutions as soon as he sees something is not working, if its the first half so be it. The team is big enough now, if a player is not grafting or its not working make a change. One of the biggest downfalls of Bruce is he don't know when to change it, so leaves it till 70+ when its all over.

I think its a significant point and one which many managers of ours have suffered from.....it smacks of indecision, when you don't do it.

whether they do it to protect the players confidence, I don't know.....but years ago, they would get hooked much more during a game.

that sent vibrations around the team.....i ain't standing for that.

Mourinho as an example is not shy of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The reality of it is that if we win at Reading and we'll al be singing a different tune or many will but for me its not about individual results but the process and I have never felt that was right under Bruce. Yes Kodjia comes back and we start winning a few games again and I said before that Kodjia kept Bruce in his job but he shoudn't be dependent on one player not after having two transfer windows. I want to see us play good attacking football like Wagner has achieved at Huddersfield and we're never going to get that under Bruce. 

We could have got Wagner instead of Bruce... big mistake from Wyness.

As for your opening line, a win at Reading wouldn't alter my view at all.

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Analog manager in a Digital world... The switch over is imminent! 

The next manager has to be part of the digital world. There was talk on here about people wanting Warnock but that's just rediculous

• Like 1

The rational side of me knows that sacking someone after 2 games is crazy but i honestly don't see much changing. We've played similarly to that ever since he arrived. How long can you keep defending him with the time argument?

Following Villa these past few years has been **** shit. Fed up with it all now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

What was the crowd like today? Once you lose the away support there is no come back, so interested to hear what they were like 

Terrific support for twenty minutes until the life was sucked out of them by how we were playing.

A lot of boos at the end, some applause, but a lot of the most unhappy fans had long gone.

Additionally all around me people were arguing about whether booing was ok - so some did and some didn't, but those that didn't ( like myself) only generally didn't because they didn't agree with the principle, not because they thought it was ok.

Anything remotely similar on Tuesday there will be Bruce Out Chants.

• Thanks 1

Its difficult we all know. But looking through those claret and blue glasses, we really are a huge club. RBS bank is a huge company, but in reality a shit bank, but they would not have taken on the manager of say Wonga to turn them around. What i'm getting at is, I know we can't get a Mourinho, but in reality that's really what we need. Someone the club/team will look up to, an respect.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The next manager has to be part of the digital world. There was talk on here about people wanting Warnock but that's just rediculous

Absolutely paramount. We have to modernise. We have failed to do so. We need a long-term project and a style of play (that actually work) that the whole squad is on board with. We definitely have the squad. I believe it isn't the players' fault at all here, they just look they have been told to go out there and try their best.

• Like 1

I just wish we had a manager with a plan. A style of play who plays players to their strengths. Someone with  pair that would not be scared to drop the regulars (Gabby, Hutton) and make changes during the game where necessary.

• Like 1

I said it before he is a dead man walking.  When you go out and start using the FFP excuse and the chairman is contradicting you on signings then you know you are a goner. Now he has come out with how he can't change it for us to win away. He is gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I said it before he is a dead man walking.  When you go out and start using the FFP excuse and the chairman is contradicting you on signings then you know you are a goner. Now he has come out with how he can't change it for us to win away. He is gone.

Should've happened end of last season. Sick of this shit

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He did, just not what you think. We could have got him.

Well then we need new people picking the manager as wyness and round if that's who picked the last two are clueless

• Like 1

Â