Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Disgusting is the appropriate word here, for once! Horrific is another one. 

Farce. 

Thanks to the online thesaurus I think execrable is another good fit.  Or (just to throw it out there) so is blankety-blank.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure what made me dislike himmore, kissing the Manure badge in front of the Holte, or signing for blues then claiming they have always been a bigger club with a larger fanbase.

Or perhaps it was doing both of those, then deciding after there were no other clubs that would pay him to say bad shit about us, that he would reinvent himself as Mr Aston Villa, because we're all idiots who don't remember that he's a word removed.

I once pulled a bird in Risa who Yorke was seeing at the time. They were even snapped on holiday together just a couple of weeks later and the photo ended up in one of the rag papers.

I see it as my own personal revenge. Have that Yorke, you word removed. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

:rant: This is not true.  Wagner spent 4 seasons in the German Bundesliga ladder.  They put their B teams into the same league system* over there, so his experience over there cannot be discarded.  It would be like discarding all experience of managing in the English League One or Two.

* although obviously you can't be promoted into the same league as your own A team.

Don't the 2nd teams have to follow the 1st teams ethos? Wagner is now the lead person at his club. He hasn't built a club which was what they were arguing about. 

23 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Rolling makes the most sense really.

Looks like he uses the same tailor as Tony.

It's because he's lost so much weight.

I did the same, lost a stone and a half and all of a sudden my suit trousers were too long.  Weird i know, but fat legs must make them hitch up or something :P

49 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Rolling contract according to a a couple of media sources. Yet to be confirmed. 

I think the last rolling contract was Sir Ron....if only he can emulate him.

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Glad it's not Dyche or Warner.  We need a steady calm influence. Steve Bruce had a fantastic playing career and won 14 major honours and has managed over 700 games in the premier league/championship and has 4 promotions from the championship under his belt. For me he was head and shoulders above any other candidate for the job. I have always found him to be very likable even when he was in charge at the Blues. I can never ever remember him speaking out of turn or being out of order in his entire career. I think all the people having doubts about him will quickly change their minds. I think he commands respect from his peers. I was out tonight with a couple of blues fans who hold him in high regard and who both setting rivalrys aside said he is a fantastic choice. I am a happy villa fan tonight and am 100% behind the decision to appoint Steve Bruce, I really do rate him and like him as a manager and person.

Welcome to Villa Park Steve, take us back where we belong. I'm sure you will :-D

He has that presence and character that leaders have.

I know a few people that know him and say he is a great guy....warm & personable etc.

It would not surprise me if he gets something from some players we may have written off. 

He seems under no illusions of the task and seems to be relishing the challenge.

Top Man

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's not really similar at all to managing a reserve side in England because you are playing in the professional system against professional A sides and other than serious injuries you will be using a stable squad that must be managed in the same way as any other.  Also, he was part of Klopp's backroom staff so realistically his days were always numbered once Klopp left.

People are just seeing 'B' team and assuming it's like England.  It isn't.

No, people are seeing them at a semi-professional level and thinking they're a "normal" side - it's just not the same. Here, we have reserve leagues. There, they integrate them at a low level. 

If the Premier League gets it's way and reserve teams can enter lower league football here (like some sides are fielding teams in the Johnstones Paint Trophy or whatever it's called these days), would you consider the reserve managers as "proper" managers then? Are they "proper" managers now because they've entered a professional cup competition?

Â