Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

45 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Whilst I understand your overall point, and agree to some extent.... This isn't always a good thing imo.

Fwiw, I don't think it'll be a bad thing in this scenario.

wahey woody we slowly getting some positive vibes out of you ;)

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He probably does find it funny to be fair.  A lot of people couldn't care less what others think of the way they look. 

3 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

a lot of people also understand it's meaningless banter and can take it a such, the way to take any piss taking is with a pinch of salt

Although my hope is diminishing :)

17 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial/

Spoke well I thought, but acid test comes Saturday. 

I think Saturday is a little early to start judging him, especially when most the prep  for the Wolves game hasn't been done by him. I really hope the fans give him time, the club is in a mess and will need time to sort. All the booing doesn't help.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy_Lion said:

I think Saturday is a little early to start judging him, especially when most the prep  for the Wolves game hasn't been done by him. I really hope the fans give him time, the club is in a mess and will need time to sort. All the booing doesn't help.

Don't start that time crap - he came in with the brief to hit the ground running. Im expecting to see an improvement on saturday....so is Bruce.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't start that time crap - he came in with the brief to hit the ground running. Im expecting to see an improvement on saturday....so is Bruce.

I'd be confident you'll see an improvement on Saturday given the shit we've been served recently.  It just depends what you expect over and above the very subjective term 'improvement' really.

• Like 1

Bruce was really positive about Saturday's game against Wolves - proper hyping it up - he made me wish I was playing against Wolves :D.  We need a good week to bridge the points gap with the top 6. Come on Brucie, roll on those Ws.

• Like 1

Bruce was manager of Sunderland when they sold us Darren Bent (who probably kept us up that season), so he's already done us a solid* ;)

* yes I know it didn't pan out quite that way ...

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

He may be saying he finds it funny, what else can he say. Would any VT'ers find it funny if they were being called that? I certainly would not.

Never mind the `banter' lol lol lol, lets try to move on and show a bit of class.

Exactly this.  It's about respect and throwing insults around isn't respectful, even if they're not intended to harm.

Slight off topic, but I **** hate the way "banter" gets used.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Exactly this.  It's about respect and throwing insults around isn't respectful, even if they're not intended to harm.

Yeah I agree. Even if the intention isn't to harm, it doesn't mean the insult doesn't sting. Claiming it's "just banter" is a classic bully's excuse, nullifying the recipient's feelings about being the subject of the "banter". I won't be singing potato head.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It seems to basically translate to "I know I'm being a clearing in the woods to you, but it makes people laugh, and I want them to like me, so go along with it, yeah?"

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You know that drubbing a team is due from us. I think it will be tomorrow. 

So do i pal. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'd be confident you'll see an improvement on Saturday given the shit we've been served recently.  It just depends what you expect over and above the very subjective term 'improvement' really.

Yes - But the reason I wanted Bruce is he is a straight talking no nonsense guy - 'time' is for managers or 'build structures' 'lay foundations' whatever that means. I wanted Bruce because purse and simple because I beeive he will get us winning games quickly. Theres no grace period it starts saturday.....3pts please...

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes - But the reason I wanted Bruce is he is a straight talking no nonsense guy - 'time' is for managers or 'build structures' 'lay foundations' whatever that means. I wanted Bruce because purse and simple because I beeive he will get us winning games quickly. Theres no grace period it starts saturday.....3pts please...

Were you listening to GAry Rowett on the phone to alan brazil this morning?

Â