Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with everything in your post apart from fans that say he will fail because they don't like him. Surely if you think he will fail you have to back it up with something better than your personal opinion of him? Almost comes across like you want him to fail. 

I don't think anyone's said that he'll fail because they don't like him, have they? Apologies if I've missed those posts. Maybe some people who don't like him wouldn't be quite as upset if he failed as would other people - that's human nature, and it still doesn't make them bad fans.

Otherwise I agree - it's interesting to read someone's view as to why he will do well or do badly, where they explain why.

Ultimately we're all guessing, I suppose.

I think back to when we signed Heskey, and Marlon Harewood and a few other, "controversial" signings and compare and contrast the "standards" adhered to by posters then.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

my prediction is if we lose the derby then I think some parts of fan base will turn unless he gets off to a rocket start

Only the parts that have already turned their back on him, the others aren't so fickle :thumb:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Awful awful choice and a huge mistake. Been following Villa 40+ years. This is just one more monumental error of judgement.

He's going to be our best manger since Ron Saunders ;)

• Like 1

(in case you cant get on the os)

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Steve Bruce as our new manager.

The 55-year-old joins the Club with an outstanding track record in gaining promotion to the Premier League having successfully done so on four occasions.

He brings a wealth of experience with him to the post with previous spells in charge of Hull City, Sunderland, Birmingham City, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield Town, Sheffield United and two stints at Wigan Athletic.

Steve said: “It’s a wonderful opportunity. It is one of the big clubs of this country. To be given the opportunity to manage it is terrific.

“I relish the challenge of trying to take the Club where it wants to go and needs to be – and try to turn around the misfortune we seem to have had over the past few years. I am absolutely delighted to have been given the chance. I hope I can do my stuff.”

Owner Dr Tony Xia said: “I’m delighted to welcome Steve to the football Club. With his track record, not only at leading teams to promotion from the Championship but also vast experience in the Premier League, I believe we have secured the services of an excellent manager.

“I have had good conversations with Steve and we look forward to working with him.”

Chief Executive Keith Wyness added: “In the recent transfer window we focused on character, personality and experience. These three words can be applied in spades to Steve Bruce and I look forward to working closely with him as we turn the Club around and get us back to where we all want to be.”

Â