Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

But only if you have the fastest car and the best computer in it.

Much like comparing different managers abilities whilst they are at different clubs with different assets to work with, it is difficult. My point remains that I'm willing to support someone with a proven track record, whether I like them or not.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think at Birmingham he was a 4-4-2 man, at Sunderland he liked the 4-5-1 with Bent and at Hull he seemed to employ the 5-3-1-1 system? So at no point did he play 4-1-5. So that's progress.

Please God, not 3 at the back.

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

And you are a mod ffs.

Ahem ! We are a poster first, mod second.  We don't relinquish the right to have an opinion just because Limpid gives us the key to the golden toilet.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

To be honest, there is never going to be a unanimously accepted managerial appointment is there?

Kate Upton?

EDIT : By the way, don't make this a honey trap.  Do NOT post pictures of Kate Upton.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

To be honest, there is never going to be a unanimously accepted managerial appointment is there? There will always be people who have different ideas of what the club needs and who the next incumbent is. That's just you know...people innit. I've certainly no issue with people being hugely sceptical of Bruce, I was exactly the same with Sherwood and RDM but at the same time, I was willing to give them a chance because football being football, occasionally a manager just fits a club like a glove and it all comes together. We can but hope eh?

As for Bruce? yeah, I think he'll do OK. I think he'll be unspectacular, get us reasonably well organised and maybe start playing something resembling a balanced team (not 'ALL THE STRIKERS!!!'). I'm certainly nowhere near as nervous about his appointment as some of his predecessors.

We need someone to drag the team in the right direction again. Hopefully he can be the one to do it.

I think that's fair enough and not too dissimilar from my current view.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ahem ! We are a poster first, mod second.  We don't relinquish the right to have an opinion just because Limpid gives us the key to the golden toilet.

I just wish you'd remember to flush.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Not sure if I'm happy with Bruce because of how terrible RDM was. I didn't want RDM so it's a better start.

Isn't that the Villa standard?

We get a manger who most of us can say " Well at least he's not (insert previous manager name).

And then repeat...

1 minute ago, sne said:

Isn't that the Villa standard?

We get a manger who most of us can say " Well at least he's not (insert previous manager name).

And then repeat...

In fairness, I suspect the same for the majority of football clubs.

Â