Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Warburton is a shocking manager, why on earth could you want him

How is he a shocking manager? Did really well at Brentford, got Rangers promoted. Has been involved with youth football, set up the next gen tournament.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Bruce plays a turgid brand of football and is becoming a dinosaur in management

He got promoted from this division last year. How current do you want? 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Bruce plays a turgid brand of football and is becoming a dinosaur in management

He got promoted from this division last year. How current do you want? 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Was David Wagner manager of Huddersfield last season?

He has been there about 11 months. Prior to that he managed Borussia Dortmunds B team for 4 years. He has done well at Huddersfield but it is such a short time frame and coming here he would be under a lot of pressure something he won't have experienced before. He would be a gamble and I don't think now is the time for that.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

How is he a shocking manager? Did really well at Brentford, got Rangers promoted. Has been involved with youth football, set up the next gen tournament.

Getting Rangers promoted isnt a achievement. Look at the Barton situation, he knew what he was getting but still couldnt handle him. Hes the last manager I would want. Seriously 30 Id rather than him

Wagner is a gamble and he could be this years flavour of the month. Weneed someone experienced whp knows how to handle big expectations.

Someone like bruce it has to be for me as big sam is getting banned i think. Would love to go for hughton though i yhink he is fantastic.

Does anyone else think Roy Hodgson could do a job for us ?

Free agent so no big compensation package, experienced, knows how to set a team up..a level head and would probably be his last job at 69 so he wouldn't really have a reputation to tarnish..England going out of the Euro's already did that. Could be a little bit of redemption. He knows the area , could steady the ship and hand it on in a couple of years to a young up and coming Manager. 

Win ratio in England is 38 - 40% ..better than most of the chancers around

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Like Allardyce I'm just not sure Hodgson has the heart for it now after the England debacle.

still not a bad shout, I'm not his biggest fan but i do feel the players England have currently don't match the ego of where we think we should be in world football. Not even Wenger could get much more from the current players being chosen.