PieFacE

On 7/31/2017 at 16:59, PaulC said:

Elephants are an endangered species. That's awful 

African elephants aren't endangered, they are classified as 'Vunerable'. In the parks where the elephants are hunted they often have to have their numbers controlled anyway due to the damage to trees etc. that they cause. The "big game" hunting industry is actually a good thing for animal preservation and national park maintenance. Without rich foreigners paying for those holidays there wouldn't be any money to support an animal reserve and illegal poachers would destroy any animal populations that were there. Of course the animal rights activists will just ignore these simple facts and drone on about cruelty. I'm not a hunter myself but if rich people are happy to pay thousands to kill an animal that's numbers are being managed in an animal reserve I don't see any issues with it. 

As for Arsenal, apparently it's a good thing that Ozil and Sanchez are running down their contracts and walking away for nothing next summer according to Wenger. They'll play well this season to ensure they get a big contract next summer was his reasoning. You couldn't make it up.   

• Sad 2

Poachers have killed half of the Mozambique elephants in 5 years just so the Chinese can use the ivory for ornaments, There used to be several million elephants in Africa now its down to half a million. Elephants play an important role in the environment The African elephant's  role is to pull down trees and break up thorny bushes. As a result, they create grasslands and salt licks in order to make other animals' lives easier to survive in their environment. Their final role is that they create water holes by digging in dry river beds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Poachers have...

Poachers and big game hunter tourists are not the same thing. You, like PETA and most other animal 'activists', have completely missed the point.  

Edited by villa89

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think hunting for the fun  of it is worse in many ways than poachers because at least the others are doing it to earn a living. 

This kind of hunting as well is pathetic.

I kind of "get", although I would never do it myself, the people who go out into the woods and hunt deer etc. The idea of having to prowl around and find the deer, get close enough without scaring it to get a shot away, and then be good enough of a shot to kill it sounds like it could be entertaining for some. It's sort of man vs beast, although man has an obvious advantage having a gun!

But these big game hunts are essentially just being driven up to big animals and shooting them isn't it? Where's the fun in that?

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone who needs to kill an animal to feel good about themselves should really just consider turning the gun around and blowing their own heads off.

They shouldn't consider it - they should just do it.

• Like 1

i can just about get my head around deer stalking, like stevo said the idea of getting up that close to the animal and from talking to someone who shoots being that close and that skilled a marksman that you dont injure or maim the animal, you kill it and the people that do it are paid by the land owners to get rid of them

i've been on a clay game drive and that was a lot of fun, miles better than clay pigeon shooting, the place i did it showed me round, they were in the process of breeding thousands of ducks ready for the season, i didnt get why you needed to do birds when the clay was so good (and they explained the prices of the various bird drives to me - **** that)

i watched the african hunting holiday episode of louis theroux where people went to south africa to hunt on grounds where the owners claimed they were effectively pest control controlling the numbers of certain species, the tourists sat in fake boxes next to a fake watering hole before shooting the animal, they paid thousands of dollars for an animal to walk up to them and for them to shoot it, the documentary was about the mentality of the tourists and the owners, they all lied, it was money and bloodlust, i dont agree with it but again i can at least kind of understand it

but without fully understanding what this channel is all about what i dont think i'll ever get is how or why anyone would want to watch it? wheres the enjoyment from it? watching a rich american shoot a kudu on a controlled hunting ground in a part of south africa you've never heard of? like i said i can kind of understand deer stalking i dont understand watching it on tv though, just seems so utterly pointless and boring

not sure what kroenke is thinking, theres surely no demand for it

• 2 weeks later...

Some lad from Bolton---------- Monreal-----Some free transfer from Schalke-

Bellerin                                                                                                                         Oxlade Chamberlain

All the wealth of the PL. This bloke is having a laugh.

I get that Wenger wants to play a sort-of 3-4-3 and I understand that they have defensive injuries... but he can't seriously expect THAT defence to work well against a really good counter-attacking side, can he?!  Switch to 4 at the back, play 2 proper centre backs.  This has been a mess.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Really cannot understand why everyone gets excited when Bellerin has 50 yards of free space to run into. The bloke is worse than Hutton.

But has fancier name and better hair(actually he doesnt)

Â