PieFacE

• 3 weeks later...

How about this for self-awareness from Tony Adams :D

'NOT A COACH' 

Tony Adams: Arsene Wenger couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag… and Arsenal blocked me from returning FOUR times

Gunners legend Adams believes that Wenger has not asked him back as Frenchman does not like big characters

LOOKING back, I believe there were a couple of major reasons why Arsene didn’t want me back at Arsenal.

First, the club had put up a statue of me outside the Emirates and — given the career I’d had — it might have been difficult for Arsene to bring me in at that time.

Tony Adams says Arsene Wenger has denied him an Arsenal return on four occasions

He was coming under pressure for not winning a major trophy and to have me around as a successful old captain might have highlighted the underachievement.

Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog

Patrick Vieira once suggested Arsene does not like big characters and personalities around, especially ones from Arsenal’s history.

Perhaps Arsene thought I might be too challenging for him.

He seemed to like an assistant such as Pat Rice or Steve Bould, both great club men who were not going to ruffle feathers.

Adams felt he would never get a chance to coach at Arsenal after his comments about Wenger in an interview

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3593144/tony-adams-arsenal-return-blocked-arsene-wenger-paper-bag/

Wenger might have lost it at Arsenal in the last few years through his stubbornness, but how is it Adams managerial career is going again?

He has zero points in 6 games for Granada and has a career winning % of 21.5 as manager. :crylaugh:

On 5/2/2017 at 13:03, Stevo985 said:

I'm triple captaining Sanchez this week so he better pull his **** finger out

A week too soon! I smashed it this week, don't think I have ever done so well as this week I got something like 170 points and that's with having capoue (9) and naughton (15) on my bench! Bloody should have played my bench boost, muppet! 

On 5/19/2017 at 11:08, sne said:

Wenger might have lost it at Arsenal in the last few years through his stubbornness, but how is it Adams managerial career is going again?

He has zero points in 6 games for Granada and has a career winning % of 21.5 as manager. :crylaugh:

I think Tony Adams is just trolling!. Surely no-one is that deluded. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think Tony Adams is just trolling!. Surely no-one is that deluded. 

I have heard him talk and seen his interviews. He is quite deluded

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It's almost like Tony Adams had a book to sell and needed some attention towards it..

Comedy book?

Tony Adams, David James and Joey Barton. Thick, deluded footballers who believe that if you read a dictionary and pretended to take an interest in the arts it makes you sophisticated and clever. Nevermind the fact you speak utter shite...

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It's almost like Tony Adams had a book to sell and needed some attention towards it..

If only he had a football team to manage ;) 

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Might be the best thing to happen to Arsenal in years, a massive wake up call as opposed to sneaking 4th each year and then thinking 'Cech will be enough' 'Xhaka will be enough'etc etc

Disagree. The best thing that could happen to Arsenal at this point is Wenger leaving. It was alway unlikely that Wenger was going to leave at the end of the season anyway, his arrogance simply won't let him walk away now after finishing 5th. 

Their only world class player is going to leave, so Arsenal will need to spend a huge amount just to stand still while everyone around them improves, and Wenger isn't going to change now after 20 odd years. 

He'll spend 30/40 million on a replacement for Sanchez, a couple of overpriced, 4ft gutless midfielders, and this time next year they will be even further from the top 4.

The next few weeks are massive for Arsenal. During which they need to find a pair of balls and make Wengers decision for him. Unless they act now they will find themselves left behind. 

Got 4 more points this season than last season and had a better GD too.

Last season they finished 2nd, this time round 5th.  It's the highest points total a team has ever achieved in the Premier League without finishing top 4.

Â