PieFacE

12 hours ago, villakram said:

I'm not so sure on Sanchez. He's an awful ball hog at times that completely ruins the flow of the team. I'm not at all sure that the team couldn't be improved by his removal. What management is all about I suppose.

One of the best players in this league.

He turns up at Juventus, PSG, Bayern Munich or Atletico Madrid if he leaves Arsenal imo.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Partly down to the fact top managers are rarely interested ib the FA cup at the business end of the season nowadays.

FA cup is great but it's now been 13 year since Arsenal won the league.

Look at last season, Mid December they were level on points with Chelsea and then 6 weeks later were 12 points behind Chelsea. Spurs finished miles ahead of them aswell in the end.

Terrible decision by.... well whoever it was.... it's a little hard to know if at Arsenal which is a huge part of the problem.

He should have gone years ago, a remarkable FA Cup record notwithstanding, they are not going to progress with him in charge.

It's true they haven't won the league for 13 years but let's not forget they've spent loads of money on a new stadium and had to cope with the rise of other teams spending lots of money. I think they have been in the mix to win the league a few times but then seem to run out of steam because of the lack of depth in the squad. If they can bring in a couple of top players and have some luck with keeping everyone fit I could see them winning the league again under Wenger. Maybe not having Champions League football will help them like it has with Chelsea. 

i think the depth issue is due to his stubborness though, he has too many players who arent good enough but he insists on keeping and playing seemingly because he developed them, the likes of chamberlain and iwobi arent good enough

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think the depth issue is due to his stubborness though, he has too many players who arent good enough but he insists on keeping and playing seemingly because he developed them, the likes of chamberlain and iwobi arent good enough

The Ox seemed to fit pretty well into their new system, so he'll stick around, but I agree Iwobi is crap and seems to have fallen totally out of favour this season. They should move him on, but with Arsenal who knows. 

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Partly down to the fact top managers are rarely interested ib the FA cup at the business end of the season nowadays.

Yeah that Conte fella is crap! Good job he wasn't involved in a title challenge as well! :P

I didn't say he was crap :)

Just at this point in the season most managers are trying to win the league or progress in the CL.  It is why in recent years we have had Villa,Wigan, Hull and Palace in the final. No serious manager gives a **** about it.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

One of the best players in this league.

He turns up at Juventus, PSG, Bayern Munich or Atletico Madrid if he leaves Arsenal imo.

Oh, I agree that he's a great player but I'm not sure he makes Arsenal the best team they can be (and his attitude early season was pants, though that could well be down to him being physically wrecked). There blind ball hogging is the reason he couldn't fit in at Barca. Now were Wenger to adapt the team to better utilize him, who knows. I look at him as a bit like Liverpool with Gerrard, and yes they had fun but hollywood players also have a down side.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I didn't say he was crap :)

Just at this point in the season most managers are trying to win the league or progress in the CL.  It is why in recent years we have had Villa,Wigan, Hull and Palace in the final. No serious manager gives a **** about it.

I agree with you about the in the early stages of the competition the bigger clubs play weakened teams but once they get to the semis they are definitely bothered. nobody can tell me Liverpool didn't try against us. 

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That is utter  nonsense. They beat half of the top 4 in the last 2 games to win the cup. The top sides in fact win the cup far more in the modern era than in the past. 

Wenger deserves credit for his attitude during this whole affair. I could think of a certain manager in Manchester among others who wouldnt have acted in the same dignity 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He's a good striker. I think he stayed at Lyon a bit too long though. Missed out on France euro 2016 squad which was really stupid as players like Martial moved and surpassed him for that season.

No way he's a replacement for Alexis though, more Giroud.

Just me that think if Alexis really wants to go to Man. City, Arsenal should go all out for Aguero in return.

Aguero was already bench warming when Gabi Jesus was fit last season so I genuinely have no idea how him, Jesus, Alexis, Sterling, De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernado Silva and Sane are all going to get regular games, going to be even more bonkers Pep formations I reckon next season.

Getting Aguero makes a lot of sense, regular football for him in world cup year and Arsenal fans get a massive name to appease them. He could also win them the title so it won't happen.

theres just something about lacazette that i cant shake, he's 26, everyone's known about him for 6/7 years now and yet no one has really gone after him, often linked with big clubs but never gets the move, struggled in the french team to make an impact and doesnt have a great record in europe either

that said his scoring record in the last 3 seasons is 76 in 97 games

hard to tell how good a buy he is yet, especially if chelsea sell costa and then go for a dybala or lewandowski for £60m-70m

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I'm tempted on arsenal at 11/1 to win the league considering they have no champions league. Sky bet paying out 3 places and the last few years show no champions league is a big head start. 

But... Arsene! Wonder if I could cash it out in December? 

It certainly is decent value.  Victor only giving 10s and paying out 1/3 odds on top 2.  Miserable git.

Â