PieFacE

On 22/05/2017 at 17:32, bobzy said:

It's the highest points total a team has ever achieved in the Premier League without finishing top 4.

The makes it all the funnier :lol: Well done Arsene :thumb:

Post-23638-Emma-Stone-thumbs-up-gif-HD-h

On 21/05/2017 at 13:53, rodders0223 said:

Tony Adams, David James and Joey Barton. Thick, deluded footballers who believe that if you read a dictionary and pretended to take an interest in the arts it makes you sophisticated and clever. Nevermind the fact you speak utter shite...

Don't forget Sol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

The makes it all the funnier :lol: Well done Arsene :thumb:

Post-23638-Emma-Stone-thumbs-up-gif-HD-h

Not really Arsene fault though is it if all the other teams just had better seasons ;)

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not really Arsene fault though is it if all the other teams just had better seasons ;)

It's precisely his fault :)

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Early indications is that it's a two year deal but he will have less control over transfers.

I'd be surprised if that's the case. Sounds like a line that's just put in there to appease fans. The only change that might happen is that someone might put a stop to wenger's penny pinching on deals, like last summer with Lacazette.

I'd be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan, the manner of it once again showing that they don't have a long term succession plan in place, they haven't given him a 2 year deal on the basis that allegri wants 2 more years at juve or any other name wanted similar, they've now got 2 years of the players going hiding knowing wenger will take the flack, during which the likes of PSG will change manager, there's post WC, ancelottis contract will be up at Bayern, no doubt Perez will do something daft at Madrid

i just can't see what their thinking is

The 3-4-3 Wenger started using really changed the team for the better. If Wenger can get players that suit that playing style, then I expect them to do well. Keeping hold of Sanchez is a must if they ever want champs league again. You just can't replace a player of that quality especially if you are only offering Europa league football. 

• Like 1

I'm not so sure on Sanchez. He's an awful ball hog at times that completely ruins the flow of the team. I'm not at all sure that the team couldn't be improved by his removal. What management is all about I suppose.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Keeping hold of Sanchez is a must if they ever want champs league again. You just can't replace a player of that quality especially if you are only offering Europa league football. 

Like when Pogba went from title winning Juventus to also rans Manchester United last summer? The top clubs in England can offer ridiclous money even if they don't come in the top 4. The stick Wenger gets is amazing. 7 FA cup wins ffs- that is the same as Villa entire history. 3 cup wins in the last 4 and have not finished outside the top 5. In the old days that would have been considered quite good. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villakram said:

I'm not so sure on Sanchez. He's an awful ball hog at times that completely ruins the flow of the team. I'm not at all sure that the team couldn't be improved by his removal.

He is, by a mile, their best player, removing him can only weaken the team. I'd be shocked if he stayed, he's a winner and Arsenal aren't.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Like when Pogba went from title winning Juventus to also rans Manchester United last summer? The top clubs in England can offer ridiclous money even if they don't come in the top 4. The stick Wenger gets is amazing. 7 FA cup wins ffs- that is the same as Villa entire history. 3 cup wins in the last 4 and have not finished outside the top 5. In the old days that would have been considered quite good. 

Partly down to the fact top managers are rarely interested ib the FA cup at the business end of the season nowadays.

Â