PieFacE

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Can you take much notice of pre-season games?

I think between 2 rivals in the same league you can to a degree. 

Looked like men against boys from the part of the game I saw.

The season doesn't start for another 3 weeks. players aren't at their maximum level of fitness yet. Nobody wants to get injured preseason either and theres still deals to be done in the transfer market. I don't think myself it means much. Although I expect Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to be way ahead of Arsenal next season. 

Edited by PaulC

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

The season doesn't start for another 3 weeks. players aren't at their maximum level of fitness yet. Nobody wants to get injured preseason either and theres still deals to be done in the transfer market. 

...but it's the same for both sides. 

I think it was a fairly accurate representation of the chasm between the quality of the two sides, cup final not withstanding.

I don't think Arsenal will finish in the top 4 with their squad with Sanchez, without who knows where they would be.

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

The season doesn't start for another 3 weeks. players aren't at their maximum level of fitness yet. Nobody wants to get injured preseason either and theres still deals to be done in the transfer market. I don't think myself it means much. Although I expect Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to be way ahead of Arsenal next season. 

I think the distance from the start of a season is only relevant when teams from different leagues or nations face each other and they are at different stages of their preparation. 

I watched this one, Arsenal were lightyears behind them. Chelsea were faster, stronger, they moved the ball better and quicker. Arsenal were run ragged. It's quite staggering that players like Monreal and Mertesacker are even on the books, yet alone looking like starters. They are dire.

• Like 1

Didn't Arsenal have that Hednesford Town kid starting for them?

Arsenal will be same as usual, will look good in some one off games but when it comes to the crunch they'll freeze as usual. I think their best hope of CL football will be taking the europa seriously and winning that.

Emirates has great views wherever you sit but very corporate and sterile atmosphere.

How you're getting tickets Czech as you have to be a red member to sit in the home end. They very rarely go on general sale unless it's a cup match.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Emirates has great views wherever you sit but very corporate and sterile atmosphere.

How you're getting tickets Czech as you have to be a red member to sit in the home end. They very rarely go on general sale unless it's a cup match.

Thousands of arsenal season tickets are resold to tourists. It'll cost more than a normal match ticket but there's plenty out there.

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I didn't think about that. I might just check seatwave for some tickets. 

Wow. Well Arsenal suddenly became a whole lot more detestable...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-owner-stan-kroenke-hunting-tv-channel-my-outdoor-motv-endangered-animals-trophy-a7868361.html

Arsenal’s majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, has come under fire for launching a new bloodsports television channel that was unveiled in the United Kingdom over the weekend that will show regular hunting programmes that includes killing elephants, lions and other vulnerable African species.

The American billionaire, who owns 67% of the Premier League club’s shares, oversaw the launch of My Outdoor TV [MOTV], which was revealed in the UK at the Game Fair in Hertfordshire and described by those who back the channel as the “Netflix of the hunting world”.

The channel will screen shows that follow hunters across the globe, primarily in Africa where big-money hunting trips are available, and involve various ways of killing wild animals that includes by bow and arrows and by guns.

6 hours ago, MrDuck said:

So many people in this world can't afford and aren't privileged enough to see the magnificent wildlife of Africa. Many that are make a choice, not wonder at the marvel, but chase it down in jeeps and kill it. Although I can see why on some level that sort of adrenalin rush may be attractive, for me it is a reprehensible choice that demonstrates a flawed moral character.

• Like 2

Â