PieFacE

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I do think you need to factor in the cup defeats as that often leads to a downturn in the league.

If you go back to 2010-11 they lost that cup final to SHA, then lost in the FA cup two weeks later and also went out of the CL. That lead  to a decline in the league.

I accept their poor November form but it's not even halfway through the season so I wouldn't say a lack of league wins in that month would kill any title bid.

What I do know is if Chelsea and Arsenal are level on points going into March my money would be on Chelsea winning the league everytime.

Yes cup defeats may impact confidence and in turn league results but that makes them external factors. 

As for form in November it has absolutely killed their title bids in previous years as they've been too far behind and left themselves too much to do.

As for your last point, I completely agree.

All I was trying to show is the original point on Arsenal's form in November was wrong. Therefore they've perhaps reason to be optimistic if they can keep their normal later season form.

I don't think they will win it though.

• 2 weeks later...

a truly disgusting 2nd half by them, one of their better bottlejobs. I could imagine Sanchez and Ozil wont be looking for them new contracts anytime soon

Edited by Zatman

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

They definitely have one if the not the best XI in the league. I just think they desperately need a proper DM. Arsenal's best run of results tend to happen when Coquelin is fit and starting. 

I thought he was shittest player on the pitch yesterday and consistenly gave ball away in dangerous areas

stuff Sanchez wouldnt do

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

They definitely have one if the not the best XI in the league. I just think they desperately need a proper DM. Arsenal's best run of results tend to happen when Coquelin is fit and starting. 

They signed one for 30m this summer didn't they?

9 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It doesn't matter who Wenger signs or what team he manages. He doesn't have it in him anymore. He is an average manager who stole a march on the rest with his sports science methods. 

Actually, average is being kind.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It doesn't matter who Wenger signs or what team he manages. He doesn't have it in him anymore. He is an average manager who stole a march on the rest with his sports science methods. 

Actually, average is being kind.

That's a bit OTT. He was a very great manager, I think football's just moved on and he hasn't.

• Like 2

Not helped at all by Cech either... poor being beaten at his post yet again. I can't remember a game where he has been the difference off the top of my head.

Wenger just doesn't have that nasty streak he had in days gone by.

He's mentally weak and easily bullied. It's why Mourinho has completely dominated him. Arsenal need to push him in to leaving, because they aren't going to sack him. Last year and this year were really there big chance with the big 3 all having poor years and then having to bring in new managers and have them settle in.

He really, really **** up not signing Higuain when he went to Napoli. 

I think it's natural to want to see improvement, especially when they've consistently held that 4th spot.

what they (Arsenal fans) don't seem to realise is that major change can cause a drop in position too (see Man Utd).

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I think it's natural to want to see improvement, especially when they've consistently held that 4th spot.

what they (Arsenal fans) don't seem to realise is that major change can cause a drop in position too (see Man Utd).

I'm sure that they appreciate that possibility but a lot of them have reached the point they think it's time to take the gamble.

I think that time was 12-24 months ago personally, they really should have gone for Klopp.

Now it's hard to see who they could get. Simeone is the stand out option but highly unlikely to move given his previous comments.

• Like 2

Â