PieFacE

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can imagine the Sky commentators creaming themselves over that. Best league in the world, etc,

If I remember correctly the utter word removed who is Martin Tyler used the goal to laud the incredible 'creativity and inventiveness' of the premier league. The good thing about us being out of the premier league this season is that without the emotional attachment, now more than ever can you see what it well and truly is, a sickening, self-serving, backslapping wankfest of utter hype.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Player scores a great goal. VT reaction is to complain that the goal and the league is being praised. Just bizarre. 

I think the reaction was more the league praising itself for the goal and the bullshit that you wouldnt see it in another league

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think the reaction was more the league praising itself for the goal and the bullshit that you wouldnt see it in another league

Tyler never said you wouldn't see it elsewhere. Just that the Premier League has inspiration and invention. But I suppose it doesn't stop people making stuff up so they can have a go.

• Like 1

Martin Tyler has always been my favourite commentator...him and Gray were always just a fantastic combination imo.

I agree he is prone to Skyperbole but he has been working for them for 25 years.

I don't think he's any worse than Clive Tydersley during international tournaments. 

Martin Tyler has always been a word removed

AGUERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO or worse GERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

and then doing the same commentary everytime they had a shot

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think he's any worse than Clive Tydersley during international tournaments. 

Tydesley gets a load of abuse but he is the only British commentator that I have heard tell you what is going on compared to the storytelling you get from idiots like Tyler

e.g he will tell who the player who is on the ball which is valuable information as not everybody has perfect vision or aware of foreign players in tournaments

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah yes "the Ecuadorian number 25 who plays for Man. United".

Tyldesley talks to the viewer like he's a five year old.

thats what a commentator is for ;)

not telling you about a big team from Upton Park that doesnt exist with their great atmosphere. even yesterday during Arsenal game he was talking bollix about the Upton Park atmosphere

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Martin Tyler has always been my favourite commentator...him and Gray were always just a fantastic combination imo.

I agree he is prone to Skyperbole but he has been working for them for 25 years.

Hugh Johns the best in the business. Seriously I like Tyler but I don't get carried away by goals like that as they they are  bit gimmicky aren't they. I must rather see a goals where a player dribbles around 4 players.

Edited by PaulC

A prime John Motson, Barry Davies and Brian Moore were the best commentators, Tyler like Motson now, is well past his sell by date, pretty much descended into parody these days, and I always preferred Alan Parry to Tyler anyway. Ian Darke was also very good in his day.

BBC's current batch of commentators are pretty damn awful.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â