PieFacE

not having full strength team back in 2nd gameweek is mindblowing. how was ozil coming off the bench with 20 mins left? germany got knocked out in semi's

the commentator narrative of criticising koscielny for not playing first game and how he should be going to the manager and saying he wants to play is one of the most stupid yet.

given how after every signing this forum has comments of "oh wow laughable, so much overspend, not worth it, unsustainable" that theyre now agreeing with arsenal not overspending on all these players?

5 points behind Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea, with the fans on his back. Could this be the year they duck out of the top 4?

• Like 1

meh. seems a bit dramatic about the whole 5 points things with fixtures played. 

i can see  those teams potentially getting 1 point from liverpool + lcfc. both of those teams really excel against top teams. Obviously bad return for arsenal though

Edited by gharperr

52 minutes ago, gharperr said:

not having full strength team back in 2nd gameweek is mindblowing. how was ozil coming off the bench with 20 mins left? germany got knocked out in semi's

the commentator narrative of criticising koscielny for not playing first game and how he should be going to the manager and saying he wants to play is one of the most stupid yet.

given how after every signing this forum has comments of "oh wow laughable, so much overspend, not worth it, unsustainable" that theyre now agreeing with arsenal not overspending on all these players?

Probably if they were signing James Tomkins for 12m I would.

They should be signing someone like Glik for 10m who went to Monaco. Excellent at the Euros for Poland, playing for Torino for low wages and better than Mertasacker imo so improving your first 11 for not a huge amount.

• Like 2

Yep if arsenal signed that gimenez for €65m I probably wouldn't say they've spent too much...looks like a potential world beater already at 21, they'd get 10 great years out of him

I'd like it to Utd buying Rio, crazy money at the time but look at what they got out of him 

• Like 2

If they sign a defender, they will certainly finish top 4. Their squad has a lot of quality, but if they don't sign anyone, it'll be tough to see them do as well as they did last season. They'd have to stay fit basically all season which won't happen. 

It's amazing that Giroud and Welbeck are really their only out and out strikers. 

I think Arsenal's summer signings have been very good this summer, the one thing I never understand about them though is why they dont do all their business before pre season. I think they would be doing much better if they had bought their players before their season started

Â