PieFacE

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was trying to think of another club where Walcott would be a success and struggled to think of one.  Ox I think would settle into most other Prem teams below the top 4 and be one of their best players, Walcott just never really seemed to develop much of a football brain really.  Neither really have much of a future at Arsenal.

Derby, Wigan, Ipswich.

Awful footballer but who needs to improve when you are English and earning 140k a week.

Ah hear, would you stop.

We needed 3 points from the last 12 to finish ahead of our local rivals who we haven't finished ahead of in 20 years. That's an Arsenal side having their worst season in a long time and where the fans want their manager sacked. We've been talking for months about our great season and a power shift. And we bottle it. Again. Except this time we don't just bottle it. We do it in unprecendented fashion. We lose 5-1 to a team already relegated side who were down to 10 men at 2-1. That allows a poor Arsenal side to finish ahead of us.

If you can't see why people are annoyed, you have no business on a football message board.

Spurs reaction on Gloryglory.net. And I can't blame them tbh. 

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/omt-tottenham-hotspur-vs-newcastle-united.8423/page-35

Can't get over their spoilt pampered fans, who continually call for Wengers head but don't cheer on the team until the result is confirmed.

Today was a fine example - not a peep from them until Newcastle scored...

They haven't a clue what its like to support a football team going through a bad spell...

Giroud has had the touch of a rapist in recent months. The always charitable Villa help him get his confidence back 

I enjoyed Garth Crooks declaring that Giroud would never get you more than 15 goals a season "tops", minutes after he'd scored his 16th of the season.

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Xhaka for 30 million? :crylaugh:

Wenger has lost the plot.

He's exactly what they need... A little over priced, probably should cost 20m. But he, and if they pull off the rumor of getting Kante as well, will absolutely give them a tremendous midfield on paper. We'll see how it plays out. But its a good signing for Arsenal nonetheless.

apart from when cazorla got injured and they had nobody with DLP qualities which totally shifted arsenals games negatively for them...

quite a few CM's have left. + injuries. It really was priority position to fullfill this summer. Along with others...

9 hours ago, gharperr said:

apart from when cazorla got injured and they had nobody with DLP qualities which totally shifted arsenals games negatively for them...

quite a few CM's have left. + injuries. It really was priority position to fullfill this summer. Along with others...

Well they play three in there and Ozil of course is always going to play as number 10 (he dosen't pick up that many injuries compared to most of the squad) so really it's only two positions.

Is Xhaka really another Cazorla, I'm really not sure, haven't seen him enough tbh. In any case Arsenal know have Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaxa, Coquelin and El-Neny all fighting for two positions, it is a lot but of course they'll be injuries, there always will be with them. Iwobi has always become a contender for one of those positions although he'll probably be used upfront more

Upfront though...Welbeck  won't be seen until  next year, Walcott needs to be moved on now as some of his performances in the second half of the season were a disgrace so really for the 3 upfront they only have four legtimate options in Alexis, Giroud, Campbell and Iwobi.

And that's before you get to the CB options...

Edited by VillaChris

Another cazorla? no. Has qualities similar...Yeh.

not just two positions for those two players fwiw. Ramsey best form for arsenal over past year or two has been Wide right. And its been shown last season he couldnt play in midfield 2 so needs to be upgraded on in that specific position..

Wilshire is wilshire, shouldnt even name him contending for spots :P.

Edited by gharperr

If they weren't so thin in defence and lacking a top quality striker Xhaka would be a good signing. He had an average season with 3 sending offs but he is a good player. Its just the sum that would worry me as an Arsenal fan. Knowing Wenger he won't buy much more and that would leave them still with Mertesacker, Gabriel and Giroud.

• Like 1

yeh he did say they will try bring in 3 players. And think the xhaka deal been going on for months. shouldnt stop them from spending on the other players if theyre available

think they can pass by and challenge without cb. just need coq to stay fit and theyll be fine defensively

i think they should just throw all the money at getting elite striker and ignore cb iyam

Edited by gharperr

Wilshire, Cazorla, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, Coquelin, and Flamini all competing for the two CM spots. Let's see how that goes for them. 

Meanwhile their wingers are Sanchez, Walcott, Ox, and Campbell. Only really 1 true quality winger there, and sanchez had a mediocre season. They really should be investing in a good right winger.

Defense is also pretty mediocre. Mertesacker is past it, and Koscienly is inconsistent. 

Don't get me started on strikers. 

I can see them missing top 4 next season. 

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

yeh he did say they will try bring in 3 players. And think the xhaka deal been going on for months. shouldnt stop them from spending on the other players if theyre available

think they can pass by and challenge without cb. just need coq to stay fit and theyll be fine defensively

i think they should just throw all the money at getting elite striker and ignore cb iyam

They're never winning premier league with Mertesacker.

Thought Gabriel would be a decent signing but it pushes Koscienly to lead CB which he isn't comfortable with e.g. having to be the vocal organizer in defence. Gabriel was a car crash in that West Ham game against Carroll. 

Edit: Educate yourself gharperr. ;)

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/one-man-army-laurent-koscielny.28138/page-20

no, he is world class, problem is he doesnt have a partner anymore.
Per is no longer what he used to be an Gabriel is too similar to him, he suffered coquelin been injured and the constant changing of partnership.
an available koscielny would walk any team of the world.
he is that good.

He's been partnered with a no-English speaking traffic warden. Give him a break.

Can we just admit that while he may be a good defender, he is neither world class nor a leader.

It doesn't help when you have to baby sit Gabriel, can guarantee if you put Kos next to a commanding, ball-playing centre half a lot of his "flaws" wouldn't be exposed as much. Kos-Gabriel just isn't a solid partnership.

Kos is a good defender. It would be helpful though if his choices for a defensive partner were not someone who is incredibly slow or someone who does not speak the same language as him.

Edited by VillaChris

Â