PieFacE

Strange move for him this.  I think he is a decent player but isn't this the last year of his contract? Shouldn't have gone to the euros IMO but nevertheless decent player.

If we do get promoted this year I would not be averse to us getting him in our midfield next season in the premier league and would think we could be interested

58 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Back in 10-11 he managed 49 matches, then got injured in 11-12, then between 12-15 he had 91 appearances. Pretty decent. 

Some very selective years there and you've been selective for a reason.

I could just as easily quote 5 appearances over the last two seasons.

He has managed 20 games or more 4 times so far in his 8 seasons. 

His injury problems have been increasing not decreasing so the last two seasons are likely to be more of an indicator of the future than his stats from 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Some very selective years there and you've been selective for a reason.

I could just as easily quote 5 appearances over the last two seasons.

He has managed 20 games or more 4 times so far in his 8 seasons. 

His injury problems have been increasing not decreasing so the last two seasons are likely to be more of an indicator of the future than his stats from 5 years ago.

Ssshhhhh

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Back in 10-11 he managed 49 matches, then got injured in 11-12, then between 12-15 he had 91 appearances. Pretty decent. 

he has played 100 games since 2010. that is 6 seasons ago.

Ashley Westwood has played 120 games for us since 2012 for example

I look at this way....

He's been a professional for 6 years now as he made his Arsenal debut in August 2010.

He has missed two full seasons from injury...when you add in all the injuries he's picked up in the seasons where he  has played games...you're talking about being injured for 50% of his professional career.

Big reason why his development has stalled...looked great in 2010/11 but hasn't kicked on since.

Personally if he stays fit I think he will eb a great aquisition for Bournemouth this season. They lack the creative edge that ritchie gave them. Wishere can give them that. They have bags of pace in the side with the likes of Wilson, King and Ibe. 

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I look at this way....

He's been a professional for 6 years now as he made his Arsenal debut in August 2010.

He has missed two full seasons from injury...when you add in all the injuries he's picked up in the seasons where he  has played games...you're talking about being injured for 50% of his professional career.

Big reason why his development has stalled...looked great in 2010/11 but hasn't kicked on since.

His debut was Sept 08... I'm not rain man its just I looked up his career stats the other day, he made 8 appearances that season.

He has been around a long time and missed and incredible amount of football.

9 minutes ago, gharperr said:

u guys have bellerin as best rb in league? guy has been redic solid for a year now. 

guess previously was zabaleta but he fell of a cliff last year. cant remember his name mentioned once

Modern full back? Yes definitely, zabaleta could defend too though

the Arsenal fans I play football with really don't rate him, say if you watch him properly he doesn't run back as quickly as he runs forward and interestingly I'd never spotted it until they told me but I've seen it since...he doesn't take anyone on...he's like a whippet, then stops to play a 5 yard pass inside...not sure if that's a tactical thing or lack of confidence

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Modern full back? Yes definitely, zabaleta could defend too though

the Arsenal fans I play football with really don't rate him, say if you watch him properly he doesn't run back as quickly as he runs forward and interestingly I'd never spotted it until they told me but I've seen it since...he doesn't take anyone on...he's like a whippet, then stops to play a 5 yard pass inside...not sure if that's a tactical thing or lack of confidence

is that not the modern football right back. I saw Hutton do that a lot ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Lot of articles on Wenger and his 20 years at Arsenal in the media. Was looking at the various teams he has had at Arsenal and I would not put any of the current Arsenal players, or any in the last 5-6 years, in his best XI.

Still think overall, he has done a great job, but if he was braver in the last few years, could have been so much better 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Lot of articles on Wenger and his 20 years at Arsenal in the media. Was looking at the various teams he has had at Arsenal and I would not put any of the current Arsenal players, or any in the last 5-6 years, in his best XI.

Still think overall, he has done a great job, but if he was braver in the last few years, could have been so much better 

I think after the Invincibles year he tried too hard to be too fancy, the thing with best Arsenal seasons is they had grit and dirtyness in Campbell, Keown, Vieira even Bergkamp but now they have no nastiness about them. "dirtiest" player they probably have now is Wilshere and he is on loan and  just a little prick

Â