PieFacE

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think they will be stronger than last season and although I expect City to win the title I think Arsenal will be there main challengers. There's no reason why they shouldn't. Young players like Saka, Odegaard and Martenelli should be even better and they have strengthened the squad. 

I think they'll be more balanced than last season, not start on fire then fall off a cliff

City will win the league by 10+ points and despite sky telling us how exciting it is it'll never really be a race

With the FFP stuff in the background I think the PL is in for a bad year where those who haven't already turn on city and the fact that their domination is absolute bollocks becomes even louder

Edit - bold prediction, either carragher or Neville have called them out before Christmas in a passionate on air rant

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2023 at 23:10, PaulC said:

I think they will be stronger than last season and although I expect City to win the title I think Arsenal will be there main challengers. There's no reason why they shouldn't. 

They've no good striker. Jesus is just average and when he's injured there's nobody to replace him. That's one of the main reasons they won't be challenging for a title. 

17 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Just checked with Transfermarkt, and Arsenal now have the highest net spend on transfers of all clubs in Europe (last five years).

It’s not all Arteta magic, The Kroenke’s have been spending like drunken sailors.

would be interesting but very hard to track it around kroenke's outlay and now i'll assume profit from the SoFi stadium, lost interest and a huge chunk of cash ($5bn) while his baby was building built but now thats done and won him a superbowl he might be turning back to arsenal

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Seems odd that they are selling Balogun. They don't have any backup striker to the injury prone Jesus. Maybe they think getting £40m for him is too good to turn down. 

They don't have a direct replacement but they have Nketiah, Martinelli and now Havertz. £40m is mad money for Balogun.

On 18/07/2023 at 03:47, villa89 said:

Seems odd that they are selling Balogun. They don't have any backup striker to the injury prone Jesus. Maybe they think getting £40m for him is too good to turn down. 

Balogun wants to leave / get consistent first team football as he is now the likely starting #9 for the USMNT. And getting all those games last year, probably wants to continue that amount of time 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Pretenders.

They lack a good spine.

Goalkeeper and striker piss weak.

They are going nowhere. Rice has been an underwhelming signing.

Really?  They came second last year and have strengthened.

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Really?  They came second last year and have strengthened.

I dont think they strengthened what they needed to though. Xhaka for all his faults is a better footballer at controlling a game than Rice and no surprise his new team are flying high. They also needed a new striker which they didnt get, Jesus or Nketiah wont get 20 goals a season

The keeper situation is a bit bizarre. I dont think Raya or Ramsdale are overall better than each other but it was a bad move to try to have 2 similar level keepers and was more Arteta thinking he was clever

• Like 1

Â