PieFacE

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

They won't win the title for at least another 20 years I suspect. Whenever they get close again they'll just crumble like they did this time.

Exactly, City could be beaten over 10-20 games but over 38 their far superior squad depth will keep the level high enough to win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exactly, City could be beaten over 10-20 games but over 38 their far superior squad depth will keep the level high enough to win. 

Yes and for a team like arsenal or any other team to maintain that excellence over 38 games is really tough. Liverpool are only team that have done that. 

Arsenal would be mad to sack Arteta. The football they played for 2/3 of the season was a delight to watch. That's what they need to get back to. Also January signings poor, didn't make the impact that was needed 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Scary how much they’ve spent since Arteta’s come in and it isn’t exactly utilising the scouting network type spending either.

He's under huge pressure next season. It probably won't happen but I could see the possibility of them being 10 or 15 points behind Man City by November/December and Arteta getting sacked. Even after spending all this money they aren't title challengers. They need to buy Harry Kane, that would make a difference to them. Jésus isn't up to it.

Just now, villa89 said:

He's under huge pressure next season. It probably won't happen but I could see the possibility of them being 10 or 15 points behind Man City by November/December and Arteta getting sacked. Even after spending all this money they aren't title challengers. They need to buy Harry Kane, that would make a difference to them. Jésus isn't up to it.

He certainly is the media love so I suppose to that’s in his favour. I don’t think any of the signings they’ve made are a massive improvement on what they already have and despite being relatively young I can’t see Havertz or Rice improving beyond their current level.

They won't get anywhere near the title despite spending hundreds of millions. Nobody will because Cheat FC have a free pass. Newcastle will be the closest in a couple of years but can seriously see the cheats winning the league by 20 points next season.

Arsenal I think may drop out of the top 4.

20 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

They won't get anywhere near the title despite spending hundreds of millions. Nobody will because Cheat FC have a free pass. Newcastle will be the closest in a couple of years but can seriously see the cheats winning the league by 20 points next season.

They’ve spent more than Cheat FC not that I agree with how Man City have gone about thing but the lot of them are as bad as eachother.

Edited by gwi1890

Disagree.

Think Arsenal will finish very comfortably in the top 4.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

They’ve spent more than Cheat FC not that I agree with how Man City have gone about thing but the lot of them are as bad as eachother.

Well they've had to because the cheats have spent the last 15 years illegally stocking up on valuable, world class talent. That's why their nett spend is now lower.

To say that spending money (Arsenal) is as bad as cheating the game for 15 years is plain wrong and exactly why they will get away with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Disagree.

I think they may get 4th but I'm gonna go for 5th.

Man City, Newcastle, Man United and Chelsea will get top 4 for me. With Arsenal and Liverpool making up the top 6. Just how I think it will go.

I think they may get 4th but I'm gonna go for 5th.

Man City, Newcastle, Man United and Chelsea will get top 4 for me. With Arsenal and Liverpool making up the top 6. Just how I think it will go.

I'm going with

1. Man City

2. Arsenal

3. Newcastle

4. Man Utd

Just now, Pinebro said:

I'm going with

1. Man City

2. Arsenal

3. Newcastle

4. Man Utd

Pretty much the same then. I just feel Chelsea will have a great season under the new boss and edge one of Arse/Man United out.

I can see Arsenal dropping down the table, reminds me of Liverpool under Rodgers and Arteta has the same undeserved smugness about him. Havertz is a solid signing but not sure how fit him and Odegaard into same team. Saka, Jesus, Havertz, Martinelli and Odegaard is just badly balanced

32 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Pretty much the same then. I just feel Chelsea will have a great season under the new boss and edge one of Arse/Man United out.

I don't rate Pochettino

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Disagree.

I think they will be stronger than last season and although I expect City to win the title I think Arsenal will be there main challengers. There's no reason why they shouldn't. Young players like Saka, Odegaard and Martenelli should be even better and they have strengthened the squad. 

Â