PieFacE

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Excuse sounds familiar? lol

It's familiar because it's wholly valid. Arsenal or anyone else for that matter - if you judge them over a short period, where a number of key players are missing because of covid isolation, injury and so on, well you (we) would be foolish. They look very ordinary so far, and they look like their recruitment hasn't been great, but after 3 games it's far too early to "judge". It' not an excuse, it's common sense. Fans are ridiculously short term.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, blandy said:

It's familiar because it's wholly valid. Arsenal or anyone else for that matter - if you judge them over a short period, where a number of key players are missing because of covid isolation, injury and so on, well you (we) would be foolish. They look very ordinary so far, and they look like their recruitment hasn't been great, but after 3 games it's far too early to "judge". It' not an excuse, it's common sense. Fans are ridiculously short term.

With all due respect I don't think us or arsenal should need every single player fit in order to expect a win against Watford and Brentford. 

If that is the case I would worry what the bigger sides will do to us and I'd be worried about a relegation battle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Arsenal will sack Artetta soon..I've not seen many managers turn that around. Let alone one as green as Artetta.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

With all due respect I don't think us or arsenal should need every single player fit in order to expect a win against Watford and Brentford. 

If that is the case I would worry what the bigger sides will do to us and I'd be worried about a relegation battle. 

So you think Arsenal is in this relegation battle as well? 

Just now, villalad21 said:

If they lose to Norwich and Burnley I think they could be in trouble.

Massive pressure would start to mount up at the very least.

Even with their bad start, I don't think Arsenal will come close to relegation. Not as talented as they have been in years past yes, but still are tons better than Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Even with their bad start, I don't think Arsenal will come close to relegation. Not as talented as they have been in years past yes, but still are tons better than Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, etc.

No disagreements there.

But as you all know losing football games breeds a lack of confidence and a bad mood.

Arteta needs a win badly, and fast.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There are games all through seasons where results are not what some people predict. Judging a performance in such a game, or the inverse - where results are better in one off games than predicted is a fools game, frankly. We're all fools, of course. But that is what leads to massive mood swing in supporters - "hurrah we're world beaters we beat a slimy 6 club" and "oh we're doomed, we drew with a promoted club" - mugs game.

Judge the whole squad, manager, coaches etc. over a longer time frame.

"Villalad did some admin wrong at work today, he really should know better than that - sack him" v "Villalad has been suffering with a cold and hasn't been as productive at work today as a result - give him a chance he's usually a good worker"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

There are games all through seasons where results are not what some people predict. Judging a performance in such a game, or the inverse - where results are better in one off games than predicted is a fools game, frankly. We're all fools, of course. But that is what leads to massive mood swing in supporters - "hurrah we're world beaters we beat a slimy 6 club" and "oh we're doomed, we drew with a promoted club" - mugs game.

Judge the whole squad, manager, coaches etc. over a longer time frame.

"Villalad did some admin wrong at work today, he really should know better than that - sack him" v "Villalad has been suffering with a cold and hasn't been as productive at work today as a result - give him a chance he's usually a good worker"

The injuries may be long term. And if they are you need to find a way to win.

As a manager you need to make due with what you have.

I thought it was exceptional the way Klopp rescued their season last year from a very difficult situation. That's what the best managers do. Don't complain, don't look for excuses. They just get on with it.

Edited by villalad21

The problem with Arteta is that he doesn’t have a track record to back up the message it’ll be alright.

Obviously they ain’t getting relegated but they could have a very poor season when you factor in their spending and wage bill.

They need to remember sacking the manager is a 2 step process. There’s no point firing him if there isn’t anybody better waiting to come in. I’m not sure I trust Edu to have a better manager lined up.

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem with Arteta is that he doesn’t have a track record to back up the message it’ll be alright.

Obviously they ain’t getting relegated but they could have a very poor season when you factor in their spending and wage bill.

They need to remember sacking the manager is a 2 step process. There’s no point firing him if there isn’t anybody better waiting to come in. I’m not sure I trust Edu to have a better manager lined up.

Supposedly they've been in touch with Antonio Conte and he's waiting in the wings.

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I thought it was exceptional the way Klopp rescued their season last year from a very difficult situation. That's what the best managers do. Don't complain, don't look for excuses. They just get on with it.

Yeah, so in essence, despite a bad run of results, instead of short termism and sacking a manager, a club kept faith with someone who had succeeded, then had a bad period, with injuries and stuff and loss of form and they got their reward. Funny that - they ignored the doomsayers and just got on with it.

Arsenal, of course, meanwhile have struggled to replace Wenger and keep chopping and changing on the back of demand from fans and owners for better, instant, results and a place amongst the top 4 to which they hold some ridiculous sense of entitlement.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

Probably one of his mates as manager, can see them hiring Dunga or Roberto Carlos 😂

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Supposedly they've been in touch with Antonio Conte and he's waiting in the wings.

I dont think they could afford him on or off the pitch. I could think of at least 6 high salary players he would immediately bin to the bomb squad including Xhaka, Aubameyang and Lacazette

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, so in essence, despite a bad run of results, instead of short termism and sacking a manager, a club kept faith with someone who had succeeded, then had a bad period, with injuries and stuff and loss of form and they got their reward. Funny that - they ignored the doomsayers and just got on with it.

Arsenal, of course, meanwhile have struggled to replace Wenger and keep chopping and changing on the back of demand from fans and owners for better, instant, results and a place amongst the top 4 to which they hold some ridiculous sense of entitlement.

You could say that about Steve Bruce too.

His 2 first 2 season was ok.

3rd season poor and had a period, and got rightfully sacked as a result. Such short termism though.

This is modern football for you. It's a result business.

Edited by villalad21

Â