PieFacE

Making a loan player permanent doesn't improve you. They need Auba before the contract extension and Pepe from Ligue 1 to reappear. Without those 2 they will still have the same toothless attack they had last year. 

37 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Was pepe any good in ligue un? I doubt it. Arsenal should have bought zaha with that money instead of giving Pepe's 4 agents £5m each. 

22 goals and 11 assists in his last season at Lille

16 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think people outside of Arsenal realise what effect he had on them.

Since joining them on loan at the end of January they had 4th best record in the Premier league in last 17 match days, behind only man city, Chelsea and United.

Yes, this. People seem to think that because we beat them in the back half of the season, they were rubbish, but they were anything but.

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, this. People seem to think that because we beat them in the back half of the season, they were rubbish, but they were anything but.

same as utd and to a lesser extent spurs, there's a media narrative that they're shit and in free fall and that means that teams like us should be looking to catch them

in reality "shit" just means nowhere near as good as before, they're a decent mid table team though who should be finishing above us given that squad

everyone enjoys them losing to brentford but that just showed them for the mentally weak team that they are, the other team wanting it more than them wont happen every week and they'll be fine, fine being 7th or 8th, i think they're the team to be in the 7th place mini league that i would consider us to be in too

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

same as utd and to a lesser extent spurs, there's a media narrative that they're shit and in free fall and that means that teams like us should be looking to catch them

in reality "shit" just means nowhere near as good as before, they're a decent mid table team though who should be finishing above us given that squad

everyone enjoys them losing to brentford but that just showed them for the mentally weak team that they are, the other team wanting it more than them wont happen every week and they'll be fine, fine being 7th or 8th, i think they're the team to be in the 7th place mini league that i would consider us to be in too

Their problem each season under Arteta has been that they started very poorly and then significantly improved during the season, only to go back to square one at the start of the next season. The Brentford game suggested that part of the cycle is still going strong, but probably so will the other part. They'll obviously be in and around that 7th spot, and will improve once Odegaard, Lacazette and Aubameyang are back fit and up to speed.

16 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ramsdale:

19/20 - Bournemouth - Relegated

20/21 - Sheffield United - Relegated

21/22 - Arsenal - ???? 👀👀

If this happens..... the last game of the season I will streak across the pitch, jump on Peps back and ride him back to the Holte End.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Still have a huge transfer budget and salary structure even though they haven't qualified CL for years. They have a massive inbuilt advantage compared to us, Everton, West Ham, Leicester etc.

They do transfers in instalments too - it’s frankly incredible how much they owe other clubs. 

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Still have a huge transfer budget and salary structure even though they haven't qualified CL for years. They have a massive inbuilt advantage compared to us, Everton, West Ham, Leicester etc.

It's a large budget due to commercial revenue. That will dwindle the longer they are a mid table club. Even corporate hospitality, shirt sales etc. 

A few more seasons not qualifying for the CL, mid table finishes and the rise of a new club (us, West Ham, Leicester) will ultimately over take them in every aspect. 

I can't see them qualitying for the CL ahead of Man u, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City this season at least. 

Edited by pas5898

14 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

It's a large budget due to commercial revenue. That will dwindle the longer they are a mid table club. Even corporate hospitality, shirt sales etc. 

A few more seasons not qualifying for the CL, mid table finishes and the rise of a new club (us, West Ham, Leicester) will ultimately over take them in every aspect. 

I can't see them qualitying for the CL ahead of Man u, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City this season at least. 

It might be but then again it just keeps going. Arsenal being rubbish has become a thing now, like the AFTV rubbish. And its only reportable because of the Arsenal name/brand.

18 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Making a loan player permanent doesn't improve you. They need Auba before the contract extension and Pepe from Ligue 1 to reappear. Without those 2 they will still have the same toothless attack they had last year. 

They were 3rd in the 2021 form table to be fair.

Doesn't mean that will continue this season tho

On 19/08/2021 at 13:32, The_Steve said:

They do transfers in instalments too - it’s frankly incredible how much they owe other clubs. 

All clubs do don’t they? To help their FFP calculations of nothing else.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

All clubs do don’t they? To help their FFP calculations of nothing else.

Yes, most clubs do it. Not to help with FFP though, payment terms don't affect FFP calculations. It's done to soften cash flow impact.

According to last published accounts Arsenal had the highest transfer debt in Premier League. It might have changed someway since then.

C79A0B8B-080A-4BCE-9010-C17FC790219F.thumb.jpeg.cbeb2dde30921bbbd536c084a397aa88.jpeg

• Like 1

Â