Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I've been mulling over who should start between Grabban and Kodjia.

For me it should be the player better equipped to impose himself on the game, score or create chances (rocket science, I know).

That player is Kodjia in my mind. Even if he doesn't last 90 minutes, he can always be replaced by Grabban when the time comes.

Though it's hard to overlook a player with 19 goals this season, Grabban has proved his ability.

The possibilities are infinite as to how the game will play out, I just see us creating more through Kodjia. On the floor or through long ball.

We are looking for any edge over Fulham, and Kodjia has that over Grabban in my book. If JK has 60-70 minutes in him, start him.

An early lead could be decisive in a game where both teams should be competitive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I've been mulling over who should start between Grabban and Kodjia.

For me it should be the player better equipped to impose himself on the game, score or create chances (rocket science, I know).

That player is Kodjia in my mind. Even if he doesn't last 90 minutes, he can always be replaced by Grabban when the time comes.

Though it's hard to overlook a player with 19 goals this season, Grabban has proved his ability.

The possibilities are infinite as to how the game will play out, I just see us creating more through Kodjia. On the floor or through long ball.

We are looking for any edge over Fulham, and Kodjia has that over Grabban in my book. If JK has 60-70 minutes in him, start him.

An early lead could be decisive in a game where both teams should be competitive.

I'm leaning the same way and i'm not Kodjias biggest fan.

However fully fit and on form he could be just the tonic we need for a big game.

He will also bring a dimension Fulham probably were not ready for.

I can imagine if him and Grealish kick up front it could be brilliant.

He would eat up those weighted through balls.

• Like 1

Keep Grabban up top. 

Kodjia is not fit yet. He needs a good pre season. 

He is a fantastic option off the bench with 30 to go. He can really change a game. I dont think Grabban or Hogan can have that impact. 

I saw on youtube. Some one filming behind the players warming up.. most players looked on when we had a chance.. but Kodjia jumps up thinking we scored to celebrate. Hes really into it. Just something i noticed that impressed me!

• Like 1

There was such a massive difference between his performance and attitude in the first and second legs of the semifinal.

Makes you wonder what on earth was going on last Saturday.

At least he is going on the right direction. 

I would start Grabban and keep Kodjia for the later stages. Don’t think he’s fit enough for a full start yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if we will look to sell. 

He will still have some value from his previous seasons exploits, and we can put this years lack of goals down to injuries, needs a full pre season etc. 

Shame he's not at the World Cup, if he'd scored a few goals we might have got a large offer. 

I don't understand why we are touting him as a potential sale, we need Kodjia more than anyone next season. We will be lucky to get many players in at all.

Imagine going into next season with Hogan, Davis and Hepburn-Murphy as our only strikers at the club...

• Like 2

Players take time to get over injuries such as serious as the ones he has suffered. He needs time. Though, we have had our fair few of players these last few years that have been destroyed by injuries and have never overcome them, Gardner, Kozak and Okore to name three. 

Maybe I'm in the minority but I would have tried to sold Kodjia while his stock was high after his 1st season with us. Last year was a complete write off and now, 2 serious injuries later, he looks like a busted flush.

Take into account his age and his apparent inability to be a team player (i.e. pass once in a while)  I don't think he;s what we need at all. If any sort of offer comes in I would sell him.

59 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I would have tried to sold Kodjia while his stock was high after his 1st season with us. Last year was a complete write off and now, 2 serious injuries later, he looks like a busted flush.

Take into account his age and his apparent inability to be a team player (i.e. pass once in a while)  I don't think he;s what we need at all. If any sort of offer comes in I would sell him.

Didn’t he finish the first season here missing the final game or two as he had picked up the first serious injury before season end? I vaguely remember it happened before the end of season which stopped him getting to 20 goals. If so, we couldn’t have sold him if we wanted to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Didn’t he finish the first season here missing the final game or two as he had picked up the first serious injury before season end? I vaguely remember it happened before the end of season which stopped him getting to 20 goals. If so, we couldn’t have sold him if we wanted to.

Stuart Downing says hi

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Do you think the fans would have accepted selling our top goalscoring striker at the end of the season? At the time nobody knew he would have 2 serious injuries.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Do you think the fans would have accepted selling our top goalscoring striker at the end of the season? At the time nobody knew he would have 2 serious injuries.

Honestly, I would have. I felt at the time that he is a talented yet limited player. Many fans on VT can see that he never releases the ball at the right time.  Sure, sometimes he scores a great goal, but more often than not he loses possession. 

I think 15+ million at the end of his 1st season for us could have been used on a few quality additions.

Nobody is coming in with stupid money on a guy who has just come back from 2 big injuries and is approaching his late 20s.

Get a good pre season under his belt with any luck. We are going to need him back and firing on all cylinders. 

All is not lost if we get 16/17 Kodjia back.

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

He got red card near end of season as well, think he got injured in game after his return

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Yes we got his ban overturned and he picked up a serious injury in the game he would have been suspended for - could only happen to villa 

Â