Ritchie De Laet

meme

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's ridiculous he hasn't been played at rb and axel at cb.

I swear de laet can play cb as well? Clearly bruce dont rate him. I think he will be loaned out again

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's ridiculous he hasn't been played at rb and axel at cb.

I swear de laet can play cb as well? Clearly bruce dont rate him. I think he will be loaned out again

I can't remember the game mate, but I'm sure he played CB in one of the cup games last season and acquitted himself pretty well. 

Its puzzling that he got so much game time in pre-season, and doing really well, to then be completely overlooked for our league games so far. Should share/fight for the RB position with Elmo and Bree this season imo, with Hutton on the left and Tuanzebe in the middle. 

10 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

Its puzzling that he got so much game time in pre-season, and doing really well, to then be completely overlooked for our league games so far. Should share/fight for the RB position with Elmo and Bree this season imo, with Hutton on the left and Tuanzebe in the middle. 

Maybe a shop window job but I hope not.

Thought he looked rather promising in pre-season, decent crossing and joined in attack a lot with dangerous runs.

Know he was suspended for the first 2 but I'd have him back in the team asap.

If it doesn't work out the so be it.

Could it be we are still in negotiations with Antwerp over a transfer fee?

Aye, unless there has been a fallout, I don't get this one at all. 

He gives us natural width on the right, has a decent turn of pace and is sound defensively. He could even play on the right side of a back three if required. 

It's the same thing that happened with Adomah last season. Adomah had a brilliant preseason, but Bruce still did not have him in his plans. Adomah had a great cup match, but Bruce still did not give Adomah a chance. Then Green got hurt, and Bruce was forced to play Adomah and Adomah became one of our players of the year.

Bruce does not have an eye for talent even when it's blatantly obvious. RDL deserves a chance, and Bruce won't even give him sub minutes over Taylor...

• Like 1

I'll start with the caveat that we simply haven't seen enough of him to form a definite opinion, and also that pre season isn't really the best barometer to use. 

All that said, his form in pre season was massively promising. He got forward well, has better positional awarness than Hutton, and is much better than Elmo in the tackle (something that frustrates the life out of me with Elmo, but thats for a different thread). 

Based on that, and acknowledging the caveats above, he probably would have been my first choice RB from the start of the season (not withstanding his suspension of course). 

He was the best player in pre season. How can he not be starting? 

The fact that he can play across the back four.. yet we stick Taylor who is an awful left back and cant play anywhere else on the bench instead?

Seriously.. what is Bruce smoking.........

Just now, KSV said:

He was the best player in pre season. How can he not be starting? 

In fairness, we don't see him in training. He might be getting skinned.

I'm not saying that's the explanation, but we've only seen him in friendlies, and the manager/coaches see him every day.

Â