Ritchie De Laet

meme

On 02/09/2018 at 20:03, av1 said:

I know pre season isn't always a grest barometer but he looked heads and shoulders above other options at RB. Now given that he also looked ok at CB in the cup last season (apologies i can't remember the opponents) i thought he would have at least been a good addition to the match day squad. 

Whether we agree or not, i think its clear that Bruce simply doesn't fancy him. 

Yeah right, he looked great in a few games didn't he? Player of the pre season, and if your centre backs/defensive midfielder can't build from the back then your full backs have to be able to do it.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I think he is our best right back. The way he played in preseason really made me think we signed a new player. I really have no clue why Bruce isn't giving him a chance. 

I agree.

I think we would look better and significantly stronger lining up with:-

De Laet   Chester   Tuanzebe    Hutton

Rather than:-

Tuanzebe   Chester   Jedinak   Hutton

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree.

I think we would look better and significantly stronger lining up with:-

De Laet   Chester   Tuanzebe    Hutton

Rather than:-

Tuanzebe   Chester   Jedinak   Hutton

Or even Taylor on the left to be properly balanced, but would be too harsh on the scottish cafu in my opinion really. 

Even with using De Laet though, we're 2 central defenders short. The mind boggles.

Thing I don't understand is how Bruce was singing his praises in after match interviews during preseason.

Yet he refuses to use him even when our defence is the worst its been for as long as I can remember 

GIVE HIM A **** CHANCE FOR **** SAKE!!!! 

All you ask is one chance at least to stake a claim and prove yourself, he has never been given that in a full 11 in a league game. At the risk of being one of the posters who slates Bruce in every thread...**** off Bruce!

Well. I did it. Sorry.

• Like 4

I think this is a new strategy by the new owners in sending as many of our players out on loan and I am totally with it. We have struggled with our players breaking into the first team, simply because they just are not good enough,where as other teams have been following that strategy for decades and there players break into the first team no problem.

We have been way to strict in the past in letting out young players go out there and taste first team football and it restricts them eventually. Think of it as a young kid leaving school, who has got more chance of getting the job, someone who goes into a bit more education, gets it on paper then goes for a job or someone who goes direct for a job, we all know how it works. The other thing is while we have been so strict loaning our players out, they are pretty much sitting on there butts, not only wasting there talents built also not getting any experience by playing. We need those players to go out on loan and come back better and this in my eyes is something we should of been doing just like so many other teams decades ago, yet we haven't. 

I know some of you disagree with so many going out on loan but let's be realistic, our players are lacking because of it. In the end when these players come back, I bet they will be a better bunch and players who we can rely on and look to, too fill positions we need them too.

I see all these loaners as a temporary thing, if we adopt this kind of strategy, again like so many clubs who do it, eventually we won't need to rely on loaners as we will have breakthroughs alot more. It just takes time for a club like ours to start something like this when we should of been doing it all along. I dont think its just FFP thats set this loan thing off, i believe its also to get our guys out on loan so that in the end we can rely on the players we have down the line.

• Confused 3

So aswell as not having a recognised CB to partner Chester, Bruce has also released 3 guys in Clark, Elphick and RDL that are at least capable of playing there in the event if an injury. Fecking madness.

The bloke is trolling us now. 

Â