Ritchie De Laet

meme

9 minutes ago, KSV said:

He was the best player in pre season. How can he not be starting? 

We also played a back 3 in pre season another strage decision.

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

In fairness, we don't see him in training. He might be getting skinned.

I'm not saying that's the explanation, but we've only seen him in friendlies, and the manager/coaches see him every day.

To be fair, the manager/coaches also see the whole squad in training every day and have determined that Jedinak is first choice CB along side Chester. 

So I'm beginning to think they do nothing more than pick their arses on the training ground, most of our performances point to very little coaching. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

To be fair, the manager/coaches also see the whole squad in training every day and have determined that Jedinak is first choice CB along side Chester. 

So I'm beginning to think they do nothing more than pick their arses on the training ground, most of our performances point to very little coaching. 

Yeah, totally fair.

15 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Looked good pre-season, I know he was suspended for the 1st 2 games, but he should be playing at right back, but Bruce will keep tuezebe there ?

Tuanzebe is a wasted loan if we signed him to play RB only. Surely he will eventually go in the middle. That means.. Elmo V De Laet for RB. I dont mind either but i think Ritchie offers more. Speed.. better crossing.. better defender. 

• Like 1

I'd forgotten about him. He was good in pre-season yeah.

Dunno if the cup game counted towards his suspension.

He really should be brought in tonight at RB or LB. Can definitely contribute to the first team.

Unfortunately for De Laet Bruce currently has a fascination with playing a centre back at right back despite the fact we have 4 perfectly capable right backs at the club.

When he finally realises his mistake he will begin to play his love child aka Elmohamady at right back instead.

It wouldn't at all surpsise me if we see De Laet leave on a loan again this week.

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

When he finally realises his mistake he will begin to play his love child aka Elmohamady at right back instead.

I think this translates to something like:

"once our new wingers are up to speed we can play our best right back at right back instead"

Am I close? ;)

Apparently West Brom are looking at loaning him in.

I'd be furious with Bruce if he lets RDL leave. Bruce has a bad eye for talent, and RDL has talent. We need wide men in Bruce's formations and RDL gives us crossing ability. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Apparently West Brom are looking at loaning him in.

I'd be furious with Bruce if he lets RDL leave. Bruce has a bad eye for talent, and RDL has talent. We need wide men in Bruce's formations and RDL gives us crossing ability. 

That would be a shocking lack of judgement.

Not that RDL is outstanding or any such. But sending him out on loan to a rival while our defense is looking as it is would be almost comical.

Edited by sne

21 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They've just signed Tyrone Mears on loan so I'd be surprised if they wanted another RB. I mean, they're not Steve Bruce!

Tyrone Mears. I thought he retired about 10 years ago

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So let me get this straight, he has a really good preseason yet is being kept out by a centre half we've loaned from United? Doesn't make sense.

I know pre season isn't always a grest barometer but he looked heads and shoulders above other options at RB. Now given that he also looked ok at CB in the cup last season (apologies i can't remember the opponents) i thought he would have at least been a good addition to the match day squad. 

Whether we agree or not, i think its clear that Bruce simply doesn't fancy him. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â