Ritchie De Laet

meme

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

So aswell as not having a recognised CB to partner Chester, Bruce has also released 3 guys in Clark, Elphick and RDL that are at least capable of playing there in the event if an injury. Fecking madness.

The bloke is trolling us now. 

Starting to feel like he knows he's gone and is just making sure the next guy is in as difficult situation as possible :D

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I know some of you disagree with so many going out on loan but let's be realistic, our players are lacking because of it. In the end when these players come back, I bet they will be a better bunch and players who we can rely on and look to, too fill positions we need them too.

Yes, there will be some long term benefit, but what is inexplicable is doing it in positions where there is already a very obvious immediate shortfall.  Like lending your neighbours your bed, and sleeping on the floor.

Bruce is doing a lot of bizarre things but if RDL was always available for a loan move and yet the only club in the world that were interested were Melbourne. Then I’m afraid his days at a top level are numbered. 

I don’t care how good he looked in Pre season, he’s finished. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce is doing a lot of bizarre things but if RDL was always available for a loan move and yet the only club in the world that were interested were Melbourne. Then I’m afraid his days at a top level are numbered

I don’t care how good he looked in Pre season, he’s finished. 

If that bit is true, then i might agree with you. But after a good pre season RDL may have felt he would get a chance this year. He may now simply want regular football after becoming apparent that he isn't in Bruces plans. With the window now closed his only option is to move abroad. 

Either way it's all conjecture and we'll never know what has gone on. I'd strongly disagree however that he is finished at this level. For me he should have been first choice RB after a really impressive pre season. 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

If that bit is true, then i might agree with you. But after a good pre season RDL may have felt he would get a chance this year. He may now simply want regular football after becoming apparent that he isn't in Bruces plans. With the window now closed his only option is to move abroad. 

Either way it's all conjecture and we'll never know what has gone on. I'd strongly disagree however that he is finished at this level. For me he should have been first choice RB after a really impressive pre season. 

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t advised sooner that he wouldn’t be in Bruce’s plans. If he is good enough to be first choice RB for a team aiming for promotion then surely teams would be lining up? 

Pre season friendlies don’t mean much in my opinion. It’s just about fitness. 

If he was always given the impression he would have a chance but now been told he is surplus to requirements then that’s pretty poor by the club. I very much doubt that is the case though. 

17 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

In the press conference his words were, 'That's another one off the wage bill'—I'm pretty sure anyway.

Yeah, heard that.

Could mean anything thou .

Doubt they were paying all of McCormack's wages last season for example.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

The fact is, we have to trim the wage bill. If there are players Bruce isn't going to play then he will be getting rid of them. 

We are desperate to save money. The same reason we can't sign Terry.

Or could it be: 

The fact is, we have to trim the wage bill. If there are players Bruce isn't going to play then he will be getting rid of them. 

We are desperate to save money so that we can use those wages to sign Terry. ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Or could it be: 

We are desperate to save money so that we can use those wages to sign Terry. ;)

Every little helps

• Like 1

Â