The Championship thread

TrentVilla

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/06/bristol-city-write-to-clubs-to-explain-new-policy-of-not-kicking-ball-out-of-play

"

“It’s fine. We sent an email out to the clubs because this happens often,” Johnson said. “Somebody goes down and sometimes it’s tactical, because people try and gain an advantage and sometimes it’s genuine.

“So we just decided as a club that we’re going to make a rule for the 46 games that we’re going to let the referee manage the game. So therefore if that’s our player injured or the opposition player injured, there’s a consistency there.”"

Bristol City and their manager really come across like a bunch of twonks.

Let's see if Rooney can inspire Derby to promotion. From what I gather they have been flirting with it for years.

I will never forget his bicycle kick that connected after the cross from Nani. My lord what a goal.

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/06/bristol-city-write-to-clubs-to-explain-new-policy-of-not-kicking-ball-out-of-play

"

“It’s fine. We sent an email out to the clubs because this happens often,” Johnson said. “Somebody goes down and sometimes it’s tactical, because people try and gain an advantage and sometimes it’s genuine.

“So we just decided as a club that we’re going to make a rule for the 46 games that we’re going to let the referee manage the game. So therefore if that’s our player injured or the opposition player injured, there’s a consistency there.”"

Think he has a point. I didnt need to read the article to know Leeds were connected 😂

On 05/08/2019 at 22:46, turvontour said:

Just seen on the Cardiff forum they have a thread named "Bacuna is poison". Poor Leandro. 

I know they dont spend huge amounts, but I'm staggered that he is a starting midfielder for Cardiff.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4adaff576332686f

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Rooney must be the first 100k a week championship player. Tbh I can't see him doing a lot but the championship has some terrible teams so he'll probably get 10-15 goals. 

Mitrovic is probably on that at the moment 

I mentioned in the small heath thread, but Reading have really gone under the radar with some of their signings this summer, they've brought in Pușcaș from Inter Milan for big money and who looks to have an excellent goal scoring record, Joao from Wednesday also for big money, Pele from Monaco who has consistently been linked to Wolves in recent times, Michael Morrison from Small Heath who was their captain and one of their few decent players, Ejaria from Liverpool who I don't know anything about, but he's an England U21 international, and today they've signed Kenedy from Chelsea on loan. It could go horribly wrong if all these players fail to settle in, but if it clicks they could be a surprise package.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I mentioned in the small heath thread, but Reading have really gone under the radar with some of their signings this summer, they've brought in Pușcaș from Inter Milan for big money and who looks to have an excellent goal scoring record, Joao from Wednesday also for big money, Pele from Monaco who has consistently been linked to Wolves in recent times, Michael Morrison from Small Heath who was their captain and one of their few decent players, Ejaria from Liverpool who I don't know anything about, but he's an England U21 international, and today they've signed Kenedy from Chelsea on loan. It could go horribly wrong if all these players fail to settle in, but if it clicks they could be a surprise package.

excellent is a bit OTT, has 18 goals in last 2 seasons in Serie B, Joao goal record is also not impressive

As we know, you have time in the Championship to get things wrong for a few games at the start and then play your way into it. If Reading's new signings do settle over the next month, then they could be a real surprise package. 

I don't bet, but I see that at some 'bookies' you can get them as much as 33-1 to get promoted. On that striker I was looking at his record with Inter Milan, but it seems the stats were including his youth goals as well, but still those are impressive enough as are his stats at the various stages of the Romania national side, including four in eigh appearances for their national side proper.

Both Forest and Bristol City made Leeds look better than they actually are, Bristol City by not being very good, at least on the day, and Forest by being too negative. A few more results like today and other teams might start to realise that Leeds aren't that great and at least start trying to compete against them.

The only game I will watch in the Championship this season is the play off final.

Unless it's sunny outside, then I will give that one a miss too.

So glad I'm not forced to care about it this season.

Edited by sne

On 07/08/2019 at 01:36, ciggiesnbeer said:

"

Why do you think that? I think this is spot on and a good thing. Good on them. 

Â