The Championship thread

TrentVilla

9 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Interesting results as usual. Still early days though to choose which teams are going to promote.

Think Leeds should be favourites - certainly looked good against Bristol City too.

23 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Leeds have 4 players unavailable apparently, so that's them winning 3-0

Almost spot on. But this post won't be about that. What do you think about Niclas Eliasson? He's from my hometown, which is a small town on the swedish west coast. I think he was quite good when he came on yesterday. He made things happen and got an assist. Would love to see a guy from Falkenberg to make it in England. Met his father two days ago. My brother knows him and went with him and stayed at Niclas' place when you played against my borther's club stoke.

6 hours ago, Pelle said:

Almost spot on. But this post won't be about that. What do you think about Niclas Eliasson? He's from my hometown, which is a small town on the swedish west coast. I think he was quite good when he came on yesterday. He made things happen and got an assist. Would love to see a guy from Falkenberg to make it in England. Met his father two days ago. My brother knows him and went with him and stayed at Niclas' place when you played against my borther's club stoke.

Eliasson is a fantastic player and I'd have started him yesterday (even without hindsight).

Was a bit surprised to see O'Dowda start ahead of him, particularly as O'Dowda reneged on a contract offer 

Eliasson is 100% the best crosser of the ball of any Bristol City player I have watched, and similar comments have been made by other City fans much older than me. His biggest weakness is that he seems very one footed.

It was said when he signed that Stoke (then Premier League) had tried to sign him, and that there was an agreement if Eliasson did well that they could buy him, however their relegation probably prevented that from happening. 

With Nicolas only being about 24 I think he will end up in the Premier League, with or without Bristol City.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bristol City to finish 7th-12th.

Don't think anything much can be read into our game yesterday.

Lots of players didn't play well and we were up against the favourites for the league.

I suspect we will probably finish within that range (I'd even say 7th-9th) although I put a small bet on us finishing top 6.

Massengo signed from Monaco today and the ITK on our forum saying Nketiah on loan from Arsenal is essentially done.

Whether an 18 and 20 year old will be the difference to push us into top 6 is a big ask for them, but then age wasn't a barrier for Tammy in a much weaker team.

58 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

That was shocking from Elphick, not the way to introduce yourself to a new club. 

He severely overestimates his ability and it gets him into trouble time and time and time and time again.

More shocking was his jogging about after he lost it instead of sprinting to the line.
He looks a stone overweight, he has for about 2 years now.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Has to be Tom Lawrence's year, just has to be.

He is too talented to let another season drift away.

He is 25, thought he was just leaving his teens as he always mentioned as a prospect

just saw Derby's first goal versus Huddersfield, what the hell was Elphick doing?

I can say...i havent seen anything that bizarre in a long time, does he think he's messi or something???

if he did for a second, he soon realised he wasnt.....

Â