The Championship thread

TrentVilla

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think it was summed up in play offs second leg he missed. Derby started throwing caution to the wind, ran at Leeds back 4 and they completely imploded without his leadership, I think Liam Cooper is a terrible CB when under pressure so he's one Leeds to replace aswell.

Jansson holds that defence together.  He was exceptional for them at the game at a and road

On 06/07/2019 at 15:54, VillaChris said:

Pontus Jansson joining Sheffield United for 5m. Why are we being quoted over 15m for this Webster guy?

Because we’ve a lot more money. Because Leeds want rid of Jansson and Bristol don’t want rid of Webster.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mitrovic signed a new deal with Fulham, bit of a coup for them as Cairney also signed a new deal.

Fulham will be top 2 I reckon.

Also if they have sessagnon I think they should walk the league. Not sure on Parker tbh as manager. If i was Fulham I would have appointed hughton and I think him with that squad they go up.

Surprised no one came in for Carney tbh. Was very good at championship level but premier league didn't perform well.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bristol City just got thumped 5-0 at home by Palace. with what looks like 1st XI out.

Not going to be fun paying off Lee Johnson.

:)

Probably needed to put the Palace fans somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Stoke v Leicester preseason game Ryan Shawcross just cleared the ball and suffered an horrific ankle break.

Video on twitter along with a lot of vitriol about him deserving it after the Ramsey tackle a decade ago

https://twitter.com/CBull2001/status/1155129422187499521?s=09

Ouch

exactly the way Alan Smith broke his a few years back

Have to think Leeds are going to do well again this season.

They would have been a Premier league side this year if it hadn't been for the debilitating atmosphere of desperation that builds up around them.

If they learn from it no one in this division can stop them.

After that i could see Swansea being good and also Stoke,Brentford,Fulham and Baggies being in and around the top six

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

Think Fulham will be top 2.

Ivan Cavalerio- Mitrovic- Knockaert is a brilliant front three for that level, miles better than what West Brom can put out atm. Tom Cairney is a fantastic attacking midfielder at this level aswell. They won't be exposed at the back as much last season aswell.

If they start well I fancy them to win the league as that's been the problem in previous seasons. The new yo yo team.

• Like 2

I think the other danger Leeds face is a lack of buy in from the players.

Bielsa's style of management (and other managers who have that sort of intensity) is it works when the players are fully bought in. When they can see it's working and are committed to the schedule and intensity of it then it works. If you lose that buy in from the players then it can all fall apart.

I guess that's true of any manager, but I feel like the kind of management style Bielsa brings is particularly vulnerable to that.

The collapse last season might contribute.

Think Leeds would've been in more danger if Bielsa had walked out. Bad managerial pick and back to mid table.

Helder Costa has been a good pick up for them but surprised they haven't added more options to their squad given the injuries and burn out they had in the run in. Not sure Leeds will be as close to top 2 as last season.

Â