The Championship thread

TrentVilla

I grew to love the Championship and a little part of me is sad we're no longer in it*, so I'll definitely be watching it.

Fulham and Brentford to get promoted automatically. Cardiff via playoffs.

*Then I remember we're Premier League ballers and all sadness dissipates.

• Like 1

I'll definitely keep following the Championship. Although I'm glad we're out of it I really enjoyed following the club the 3 seasons we spent in it. Added enjoyment in supporting whichever club is taking on the knuckledraggers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Will still watch, might even tune in Boro Vs Luton tonight as awful as it sounds just to see some competitive football.

It's been a brilliant game. Luton goalkeeper looks dodgy but they've still looked good going forward so will be tough to beat at home.

This would be really good win for Boro on Woodgate's debut as they've hardly signed anyone.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's been a brilliant game. Luton goalkeeper looks dodgy but they've still looked good going forward so will be tough to beat at home.

This would be really good win for Boro on Woodgate's debut as they've hardly signed anyone.

Luton new keeper meant be their record signing.

Muck Hardors made bif boo boo there he usually gets most things right as head scout. Should kept the other keeper who helped them win promotion in ex arsenal youth keeper James Shea.

Edited by Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

3-3

what happened to that famous Boro defence :P

Didnt we put 6 or 7 past them last season? 

Can imagine this is more exciting for fans than last 2 seasons combined

16 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Luton really seeing the best and worst of their keeper tonight. 

Got to think they'll have enough to survive.

Plenty of goals in their squad. They also haven't lost at home since March 2018 in the league. They'll finish above SHA. Think Barnsley will be o.k aswell, not sure on Charlton though.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Plenty of goals in their squad. They also haven't lost at home since March 2018 in the league. They'll finish above SHA. Think Barnsley will be o.k aswell, not sure on Charlton though.

Genuinely see blues dropping. Except that its open league all round. No absolute favourite

Only prediction is a leeds **** up

• Like 1

Looking at many of the squads I do think it's much weaker than a year ago. Last year Derby had Mount and Harry Wilson in from the start, lots of pressure on Kieran Dowell to replace that creativity.

WBA certainly haven't replaced 55 goals from their departing strikers yet. Leeds lost Jansson and Roofe who are their two best players. Remains a small squad. How Biesla likes it but blew up last April.

Think Fulham will win it as long as they get off to a good start which was their big problem in last two seasons down in championship. Going to go bold and say Brentford for 2nd IF they keep Maupay which looks unlikely.

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

hopefully someone new who isn't Bristol city, I would love andre green to have a great season in a promoted Preston team, agree with love to see forest and Wednesday do well just to piss on some chips

Brentford deserves our support, I guess. 😁

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Looking at many of the squads I do think it's much weaker than a year ago. Last year Derby had Mount and Harry Wilson in from the start, lots of pressure on Kieran Dowell to replace that creativity.

WBA certainly haven't replaced 55 goals from their departing strikers yet. Leeds lost Jansson and Roofe who are their two best players. Remains a small squad. How Biesla likes it but blew up last April.

Think Fulham will win it as long as they get off to a good start which was their big problem in last two seasons down in championship. Going to go bold and say Brentford for 2nd IF they keep Maupay which looks unlikely.

Everyone is feeling the pinch of FFP now although I feel there will be a lot of Premier League loans next week as the window comes to a close. 

Â