The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Forest, Derby, Wednesday

Seems like a lot of people are picking the same teams. Down to the fact that these teams were in the top flight when they were growing up?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Forest, Derby, Wednesday

Seems like a lot of people are picking the same teams. Down to the fact that these teams were in the top flight when they were growing up?

I think there’s an element of that, yeah. I would say Sheffield Wednesday and I quite like the Wednesday supporter that posts on here occasionally, but I’m not sure the Bruce thread needs the additional  traffic frankly :D

Truth be told, I don’t massively care as long as we’re playing next season’s promoted clubs the following season.

30 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think there’s an element of that, yeah. I would say Sheffield Wednesday and I quite like the Wednesday supporter that posts on here occasionally, but I’m not sure the Bruce thread needs the additional  traffic frankly :D

I've just read the last couple of pages of the Bruce thread and I fear I have contracted eye AIDS. 

The man could start an argument in an empty room. I've no idea how he keeps getting work these days. Fabulous player, had a winning run like we had this season at Sunderland in 2007 to get them promoted (and yes, they were bottom of the table when he took the job but it was in August, not Christmas or whenever the myth says he took over) but he's done nothing of note in a dozen years.  

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

obviously Roy is off to Blues now that would be fun to watch and I think we might actually hear what is going on when he walks after a few weeks!

Roy would be the type of character to tell it how it is though "We all know this is a two bit tin pot crap shag of a club compared to our neighbours but I'm doing the best I can with the shite we've got". I look forward to his battling draw with Swansea cementing him as a 'blues legend' 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Lewis Grabban was the main one.

Think we dodged a bullet with Grabban, as probably would have signed him if we'd been promoted when he was with us.    

Not sure what it is with Keane? Undoubted quality in his playing days, but a lose cannon since.  

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would be surprised, he worked with MON for 5 years at ROI without any issues.

Harry Arter, Stephen Ward, Declan Rice, Jonny Walters, Matt Doherty for a start would argue otherwise 😉

Keane is just a footballing madman, truth is Ferguson had him under control for so long that when he let him loose he has been out of control

Without Ferguson he could easily have went downhill 

Â