Dalian Atkinson

Pongotastic

35 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He was immense that day. That was the first time I had witnessed us win something in the flesh so a really special memory for me.

On his day Atkinson was a handful for any defender and him and Saunders for a couple of seasons were a great partnership. He was a real character as well.

RIP Big man.

Great in the final, but even beyond that, last minute goals in both legs of the semi finals. Hero. 

• Like 1

Wow, very fond memories from a really enjoyable era in our relatively recent history - we had real hope in those days of proper glory, that team, and especially him and Deano up front gave us belief. He was a terrific player for us when he was fit, shame that wasn't that often! Very, very sad day.

Edited by thunderball

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

From his Father:

"He was in a real state.

“I don’t know if he was drunk or on drugs but he was very agitated and his mind was upset.

"The last thing he said to me was ‘don’t move’ when the police came to the door.

“He was threatening and very upset. I didn’t call the police but someone else did.

'He got tasered in the street outside in the road. I didn't see him but I saw a flash. I haven't had any sleep and cannot take it in. The police are dealing with this now.'

Source?

Just now, claretman said:

There are plenty of plod who post on here and are passionate Villa fans and as shocked as anyone.  

Please please don't start making assumptions about what did or didn't happen.

We're not.  We're biting tongues and reading articles.

Provided me with probably my happiest memory in football. Sat directly in line with him as he struck that goal vs Man utd  at the old Wembley when I was about 17. I went off my nut! I will never forget you Dalian.  RIP

Hard one to take, along with the likes of Saunders and God was one of my favourite players at an age where you really start to appreciate football fully.

Many positive memories but my personal favourite is that after what must have been at least 18 months of him being at the club, and me and my father mentioning him regularly, my Mum finally twigged that Dalian Atkinson was a single person, for all the months previous she thought we'd been saying Daley n Atkinson.

Better times all round.

Dalian, you will always be remembered at VP.

• Like 1

Wow, how sad and tragic. Hard to blame the police but it's still a terrible tragedy. Tasers really need to be looked at again I think. Too many variables at play I.e heart health/state to be using them.

Thanks for the memories of my first ever Villa match, 7-1 against Wimbledon. I'll always remember it. Rip Dalian.

Edited by Ingram85

Â