UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

One of the very first messages if you try to open an account with them:

Clients are required to maintain at least £1m in investments or borrowing (mortgage), or £3m in savings.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One of the very first messages if you try to open an account with them:

Clients are required to maintain at least £1m in investments or borrowing (mortgage), or £3m in savings.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

Possibly already posted (I’ve been away) but how on earth does this cockwomble keep getting airtime?

I hope somebody (or people) at the Jeremy Vine show was sacked after this.

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite surprised to see that UKIP still exist to the point where they are standing a candidate in Frome.

Squadron Leader Peter Richardson.

Policy priorities include ending the madness of Net Zero and repealing ALL climate legislation and treaties.

Stop farm land being used for energy generation.

Rejection of 15 minute cities.

Exit all international agreements that prevent turning back small boats. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was quite surprised to see that UKIP still exist to the point where they are standing a candidate in Frome.

Policy priorities include ending the madness of Net Zero and repealing ALL climate legislation and treaties.

His focus group must be involved reading the Express and the Mail.

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think the era of people believing that kind of bullshit in very large numbers is over. For sure the Brexit and vaccine years were the glory days of not believing experts but as time goes by it does feel like less people are willing to disconnect their brain when making decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the era of people believing that kind of bullshit in very large numbers is over. For sure the Brexit and vaccine years were the glory days of not believing experts but as time goes by it does feel like less people are willing to disconnect their brain when making decisions.

I’m taking a completely uninformed guess in the sweep that their vote will total 256.

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

said it on another thread, i really don't get this far right opposition to stopping climate change. it's quite bizarre.

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

said it on another thread, i really don't get this far right opposition to stopping climate change. it's quite bizarre.

If you think of it through a lens of "don't change anything unless it's to return it to its former glories" then it all makes sense.

Small c conservatives are literally change-averse. Don't take risks. Don't do anything different. That's been added to with "things were better in the past before all this change".

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If you think of it through a lens of "don't change anything unless it's to return it to its former glories" then it all makes sense.

Small c conservatives are literally change-averse. Don't take risks. Don't do anything different. That's been added to with "things were better in the past before all this change".

All true. But in addition, there's 'guilt by association' - climate protesters tend to be young and radical, and are likely to also support perceived 'left wing' causes like anti-racism, anti-homophobia, anti-transphobia, anti-capitalism, etc. 

Ergo, climate change is all nonsense, it's just 'weather'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've started adding another interpretation alongside all this. They're all just pissed off that nobody asked them and they can't get beyond their nobheadishness. If they came up with the ideas themselves they'd be all for saving the planet. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Now he knows why he was cut off

_130417658_telegraphfront-nc.png.webp

If this is accurate, I think this is pretty troubling, honestly. I despise the man, and I hate his politics, but people's politics and values shouldn't be a factor for access to financial institutions.

If there isn't a law against it, there probably should be.

There's the view that they're a private business and ought to be able to do business with whom they please, but I think there are certain essentials that just shouldn't be able to discriminate based on politics, and I'd include banks, utilities and retailers open to the public in that list. Could you imagine all the supermarkets banding together and deciding a politician shopping with them is bad for the brand?

It's one thing when it's something like a social media site or a paper deciding they don't want someone on their platform, but everyday necessities like banking? Nah, that shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by Davkaus

Â