UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

13 minutes ago, Anthony said:

This is the situation:

1. Everyone in this country should have access to basic banking facilities, as it is critical to being able to function in society.
  2. Farage is not being denied access to basic banking facilities.
  3. Coutts offer a value added service and have the right to pick and choose their customers.
  4. Farage is a word removed.

Grifters gonna grift.

Brexit was his main grift and now he needs constant new ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Grifters gonna grift.

Brexit was his main grift and now he needs constant new ones.

It’s annoying that the media still give him airtime. He is irrelevant now.

On 20/07/2023 at 09:57, chrisp65 said:

Directs Apocalypse Now, and now takes down Farage. What a woman!

• Like 1

There was a news article yesterday stating that they had the full backing and support of the Board.

I said out loud, ‘well in football that means you’ve got about 24 hours’.

The issue as I see it was that she spoke to the BBC, that they called a spade a spade internally and Farage is a word removed with a platform. Is he still a racist? Yes, has he fallen below their minimum requirement? Yes.

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The issue as I see it was that she spoke to the BBC, that they called a spade a spade internally and Farage is a word removed with a platform. Is he still a racist? Yes, has he fallen below their minimum requirement? Yes.

All true, but you don’t write down or talk about the racist bit as a business. 
Sorry mate, you don’t have enough money or financial products with us any more to qualify. Instead we will offer you a standard account at Natwest or feel free to shop around.

End of story.

Instead Coutts seemed to have written down lots of things about him being racist. Closed his account without a proper explanation of why. Then leaked their internal report. Then talked about one of their customers in the media.

For the grifting, slimy, weasel with his own TV show that is like gold. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

so at a quick glance, this is more around her being responsible for some key details of the story involving his accounts being leaked to the press. not because of the actual closure of his account

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry mate, you don’t have enough money or financial products with us any more to qualify. Instead we will offer you a standard account at Natwest or feel free to shop around.

End of story.

Exactly, they were fools to have it written down. Not that I have racists calling me up to discuss work, but anything moderately contentious, thats a phone call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

End of story.

Instead Coutts seemed to have written down lots of things about him being racist. Closed his account without a proper explanation of why. Then leaked their internal report. Then talked about one of their customers in the media.

For the grifting, slimy, weasel with his own TV show that is like gold. 

A document obtained by the former UKIP leader included minutes from a meeting in November last year reviewing his suitability as a client.

It said continuing to have Farage as a customer was not consistent with Coutts' "position as an inclusive organisation" given his "publicly stated views".

It mentioned Farage's retweet of a Ricky Gervais joke about trans women and his friendship with tennis player Novak Djokovic, who is opposed to Covid vaccinations.

NatWest boss Dame Alison Rose resigns over Nigel Farage banking row - BBC News

It's clear from the dossier they wanted to get rid of him because of his political views. Farage is a word removed. I totally disagree with him on almost everything. He is however not breaking any law and his political views however much you disagree with them should not lead to being refused banking or other services. This is technically corporations using coersion (threat of denial of services is you say things their internal panel disagree with) to control free speech. Where would the end be if corporations can employ surveillance to find people who they disagree with and deny them access to their services?

I suspect debanking is going to be a huge story in the coming weeks. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's clear from the dossier they wanted to get rid of him because of his political views. Farage is a word removed. I totally disagree with him on almost everything. He is however not breaking any law and his political views however much you disagree with them should not lead to being refused banking or other services. This is technically corporations using coersion (threat of denial of services is you say things their internal panel disagree with) to control free speech. Where would the end be if corporations can employ surveillance to find people who they disagree with and deny them access to their services?

That and he fell below the minimum requirement for the bank account. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

As per my post above, he wasn't refused banking services. He was refused value added private banking. 

The important point in all this, is that is not a story. 

Edited by Anthony

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He didn’t meet their commercial requirements so they should have cut him off on that basis. All the other stuff is irrelevant and unprofessional on their part to put labels on him. 

Â