UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If this is accurate, I think this is pretty troubling, honestly. I despise the man, and I hate his politics, but people's politics and values shouldn't be a factor for access to financial institutions.

If there isn't a law against it, there probably should be.

There's the view that they're a private business and ought to be able to do business with whom they please, but I think there are certain essentials that just shouldn't be able to discriminate based on politics, and I'd include banks, utilities and retailers open to the public in that list. Could you imagine all the supermarkets banding together and deciding a politician shopping with them is bad for the brand?

It's one thing when it's something like a social media site or a paper deciding they don't want someone on their platform, but everyday necessities like banking? Nah, that shouldn't be allowed.

I think if it’s was Lloyds, Natwest or TSB that had cut him off then it would be a real worry, but this is not a standard banking service. He has been offered an account straight away with a “regular” bank.

It’s an exclusive rich boys club and therefore I think they operate a bit differently and reserve the right to send people to the high street if they think their product is being damaged by certain personalities.

The VIP section at the bar might throw someone out if they were behaving in a way they deemed inappropriate, doesn’t mean he can’t queue up at the main bar or go to another bar down the street.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think if it’s was Lloyds, Natwest or TSB that had cut him off then it would be a real worry, but this is not a standard banking service. He has been offered an account straight away with a “regular” bank.

It’s an exclusive rich boys club and therefore I think they operate a bit differently and reserve the right to send people to the high street if they think their product is being damaged by certain personalities.

The VIP section at the bar might throw someone out if they were behaving in a way they deemed inappropriate, doesn’t mean he can’t queue up at the main bar or go to another bar down the street.

exactly - i'm not sure how the KYC process operates with your barclays, lloyds, etc but i work for a large investment bank and have some experience with KYC operations...there's all sorts that flag up KYC alerts. i think in farage's case, it wouldn't just be his political beliefs, but negative media is also something that creates alerts on a client

the fact that he's a politically exposed person (PEP) also means he probably has a heightened level of risk for the bank

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

exactly - i'm not sure how the KYC process operates with your barclays, lloyds, etc but i work for a large investment bank and have some experience with KYC operations...there's all sorts that flag up KYC alerts. i think in farage's case, it wouldn't just be his political beliefs, but negative media is also something that creates alerts on a client

the fact that he's a politically exposed person (PEP) also means he probably has a heightened level of risk for the bank

Plus he confirmed himself he’s received money from Russian state TV which was discussed in the HoC by MP’s. Lots of red flags.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Plus he confirmed himself he’s received money from Russian state TV which was discussed in the HoC by MP’s. Lots of red flags.

I can't believe  this Russian money isn't been highlighted. The media keep harping on about his precious rich boys bank account closing (who really cares) 

Completely ignoring the fact he was paid by the only country that benefitted from Brexit. The irony of it all is astounding, are we all stupid or is just me? 

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

I can't believe  this Russian money isn't been highlighted.

It's suspiciously absent from the Farage story

It would have been an easy out for Coutts, just makes you wonder how much other Russian derived money they are looking after.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Client confidentiality, surely. They can’t just disclose stuff.

Farage made an SAR to Coutts, he released what they said.

I'd have sat on that for the full 28 days but they didn't appear to.

• Like 1

Last night’s Newsnight was fairly interesting on the subject and it highlighted as ever, the quality of journalism and why grifters like Farage get away with the grift.

They had Farage on to talk about his victim status and his written documented proof of the woke illuminati shutting down non globalist elite people, he said the report was there to read for everyone that he was being persecuted for not towing the liberal agenda but standing up for you and me and basic freedom of speech.

Then they had a spokesbod, not sure who, that said they had indeed read the report and whilst it did mention Russia and politics, it quite clearly stated on page 10 that the reason for drawing the association to a close was a change of circumstances, that Farage’s mortgage was coming to an end and he didn’t have on going business with them that qualified him to continue to fit their membership profile.

He did that impression of himself, Wah Wah, hang on hang on let me finish, it says on page 6 I’m a politically exposed person. She agreed it said that, but it also stated that wasn’t the reason. The reason was their financial business together had come to a natural end. 

Like mine will with my mortgage lender when my mortgage ends.

She appeared to be the only person that had actually read the report. Certainly whether she was right or wrong, nobody was able to debate or dispute what she said.

This morning, that’s now forgotten and we’re back to Amol Rajan on R4 asking Andrew Neil if its right banks should close bank accounts because they have a political agenda.

I can’t help feeling an actual journalist doing investigative journalism could sort this out in under an hour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's suspiciously absent from the Farage story

It would have been an easy out for Coutts, just makes you wonder how much other Russian derived money they are looking after.

banks like that are very heavily regulated. any dealings with a sanctioned country would make them liable for mega fines and worse - they wouldn't take that kind of risk just for a few fancy customers

if farage received such payments whilst he was a customer of theirs, it would've likely resulted in an offboarding of him as a client so it could well have been the reason, or one of them anyway

but coutts cannot disclose the reasons anyway...farage can, but is he just cherry picking bits and pieces to make them look bad?

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Last night’s Newsnight was fairly interesting on the subject and it highlighted as ever, the quality of journalism and why grifters like Farage get away with the grift.

They had Farage on to talk about his victim status and his written documented proof of the woke illuminati shutting down non globalist elite people, he said the report was there to read for everyone that he was being persecuted for not towing the liberal agenda but standing up for you and me and basic freedom of speech.

Then they had a spokesbod, not sure who, that said they had indeed read the report and whilst it did mention Russia and politics, it quite clearly stated on page 10 that the reason for drawing the association to a close was a change of circumstances, that Farage’s mortgage was coming to an end and he didn’t have on going business with them that qualified him to continue to fit their membership profile.

He did that impression of himself, Wah Wah, hang on hang on let me finish, it says on page 6 I’m a politically exposed person. She agreed it said that, but it also stated that wasn’t the reason. The reason was their financial business together had come to a natural end. 

Like mine will with my mortgage lender when my mortgage ends.

She appeared to be the only person that had actually read the report. Certainly whether she was right or wrong, nobody was able to debate or dispute what she said.

This morning, that’s now forgotten and we’re back to Amol Rajan on R4 asking Andrew Neil if its right banks should close bank accounts because they have a political agenda.

I can’t help feeling an actual journalist doing investigative journalism could sort this out in under an hour.

It’s not like Nigel to make a big song and dance about an issue that doesn’t really exist and twist the facts into lies to prove a point. 

• Like 2

Nigel Farage fighting for the rights of you and I in his ongoing battle to have a bank account with Coutts, where you need to be a millionaire in the first place to even have an account.

I wish he’d stop being given air time.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

banks like that are very heavily regulated. any dealings with a sanctioned country would make them liable for mega fines and worse - they wouldn't take that kind of risk just for a few fancy customers

if farage received such payments whilst he was a customer of theirs, it would've likely resulted in an offboarding of him as a client so it could well have been the reason, or one of them anyway

but coutts cannot disclose the reasons anyway...farage can, but is he just cherry picking bits and pieces to make them look bad?

He almost certainly received payments from his work with RT. Coutts acknowledged as much in the report and Farage has admitted that in public

RT is wholly owned by the Russian Government

BUT this was likely before February 2022

• Like 1

Â