UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

He didn’t meet their commercial requirements so they should have cut him off on that basis. All the other stuff is irrelevant and unprofessional on their part to put labels on him. 

Konstantin Kisin was in the news a couple of months ago about being Debanked. So the debanking for political reasons is a wider thing than Coutts and Farage

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wish people would stop giving the cretin air time, it’s all he wants, validation.

Odious scumbag.

That's nearly the worst part. Giving this piece of shit a platform again

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even when they 'win' they can't help lying

She didn't resign because of him losing his account, she breached confidentiality.

and they didn’t withdraw his account due to his political views either.

Just now, Seat68 said:

Is this the same dossier that on page 10 told him that it was because he had fallen below the mimum requirement?

The dossier that also stated 

continuing to have Mr Farage as a customer was not consistent with Coutts's "position as an inclusive organisation" given his "publicly stated views".

Pretty clear from that his publicly stated views were part of the reason for his account closure and that's why it's in the same dossier. 

It also explains why they never gave him a reason at first for his account closure. If it was specifically because of the financial requirement they would have just stated that as the reason when they closed the account. 

The exact same thing happened with Konstantin Kisin 2 months ago where Tide shut their account and wouldn't give any reason for it and then when they made a public issue over it they said they would review etc. Tide have no minimum requirement. 

Seems a lot of people saying this has happened to them. I don't care one jot about Nigel Farage **** him. I do find it a bit worrying that these account closures seems to be more widespread than just Farage though. So it'll be interesting about how many others have had same situation. 

It's also a damning indictment of the state of journalism in this country that they're giving this story all the time it wants and nobody is sat there and saying to Farage or any of these words removed 'But that's not true is it?'. They just nod along and wheel in the next empty suit to shake their head and tut and give some noncommittal bullshit about it all being very concerning yes of course.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

and they didn’t withdraw his account due to his political views either.

oh come on .. it was EXACTLY why they withdrew it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It's also a damning indictment of the state of journalism in this country that they're giving this story all the time it wants and nobody is sat there and saying to Farage or any of these words removed 'But that's not true is it?'. They just nod along and wheel in the next empty suit to shake their head and tut and give some noncommittal bullshit about it all being very concerning yes of course.

Quite correct. The 'banking problem' that Farage is describing does not exist. We have a media problem.

• Like 1

I had a look through the dossier, and to be fair, I wouldnt do business with him either, for clarity they also state that he fell below the minimum requirement, but they also list reasons why you wouldnt want to have him as a customer. Fair play to Coutts. But you know, stick up for him.

• Like 1

I'm not really up to speed on this if I'm honest, but superficially I don't get the problem. Maybe someone can enlighten me. If they refuse to bank with him as a private company, what's the big whoop? We don't have a right to obtaining services from a private company, they can choose to provide services to whoever they want, no?

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

oh come on .. it was EXACTLY why they withdrew it 

I think if he had still met their requirements (I.e. had loads of cash, investments and the mortgage hasn’t just been paid off) then they couldn’t have just kicked him out. I bet they have plenty of other undesirables in their business still.

He didn’t meet their requirements any longer, and that’s a fact. They made the mistake of writing down a load of other (true) stuff that he was bad for their brand because he’s a racist, lying grifter etc which they should never have done.

The whole thing was managed ridiculously and the woman at the top paid the price.

They should have just sent him a letter thanking him for his business over the years but going forwards he no longer met the requirements of the bank and he’d need to find a new account provider.

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm not really up to speed on this if I'm honest, but superficially I don't get the problem. Maybe someone can enlighten me. If they refuse to bank with him as a private company, what's the big whoop? We don't have a right to obtaining services from a private company, they can choose to provide services to whoever they want, no?

Absolutely nothing, there is a right to basic banking facilities, there is no right to private banking

Ironic really considering Farage was all for bakers not baking cakes for gay people

Also, there are lots of conservative commentators and politicians who are not making good faith statements and distorting the facts of the matter to meet their agenda

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You have a right to a basic bank account, and a bank can't discriminate against a client along the usual lines (sex, race, religion etc) in refusing or closing a basic account.

Farage however didn't have a basic account. He had the super special account with the bank 'brand' you've never heard of called Coutts, which has special requirements like levels of wealth to even have an account there, which gets him super special services etc. And he's also a politically exposed person, which means the bank has greater requirements to keep an eye on what goes on with his account. Banks aren't required to offer these special services to anyone, and can make whatever decisions they feel necessary for their business in offering them (within reason - had they binned off a rich and 100% upstanding person because they were gay, they'd have questions to answer). Coutts decided that Farage didn't meet their requirements, and he also represented a danger to their reputation because of who he is, what he does, and questions over who is paying him. So they binned him.

It's possible that NatWest itself, who own Coutts, could have made the same decision if he had a basic account with them, but less likely. But having his super special rich man account, they can do what they feel is right. So they binned him. Farage then hugged himself tight, got on the phone to his favourite editors, and started moaning.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Absolutely nothing, there is a right to basic banking facilities, there is no right to private banking

Ironic really considering Farage was all for bakers not baking cakes for gay people

Also, there are lots of conservative commentators and politicians who are not making good faith statements and distorting the facts of the matter to meet their agenda

Well I for one would not offer Farage my Urine Extinguishing services if he was thermally challenged. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I had a look through the dossier, and to be fair, I wouldnt do business with him either, for clarity they also state that he fell below the minimum requirement, but they also list reasons why you wouldnt want to have him as a customer. Fair play to Coutts. But you know, stick up for him.

Nobody is sticking up for him. We're just concerned if this is a more common issue that Farage (**** him). That banks are closing accounts because internal panels decide they don't agree with their political views. Views that are legal and get people elected to government. 

Edited by CVByrne

Â