International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Once Grealish went off for England the creativity was gone. He may have left us but he should be starting at the World Cup just like he should have at the Euros. Sterling was also very good and even though he is a frustrating footballer there's no doubt he's a key part of the England set-up.

I must admit that Bellingham is an absolute superstar. Can't believe he's only 18. Hard to understand how he came through at such a joke outfit as the Noses, still at least that gives them something to crow about.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sne said:

Sweden handing the WC spot to Poland with some comedy decisions handing them a penalty and gifting them a goal. 

How did the Swedish media take it this morning?

First half was 60/40% to Sweden, but since we scored the 2nd we played so well. I think Poland deserved the win. 

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I must admit that Bellingham is an absolute superstar. Can't believe he's only 18. Hard to understand how he came through at such a joke outfit as the Noses, still at least that gives them something to crow about.

You see his name pop up in the transfer thread or in the Ramsey and Chuk threads as a comparison and it's not a knock on those players at all but honestly this kid is special, everytime I see dortmund he's either the best or the second best player on the pitch

Got a dortmund ST holder in the office, proper European home and away fan, messaged her the day he signed and said forget sancho this is the kid, she loves him

AFAIK from the vets team I was in who know him quite well his dad is his agent, got Liverpool sniffing but the fee will be huge, it'll break grealish's record 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

First half was 60/40% to Sweden, but since we scored the 2nd we played so well. I think Poland deserved the win. 

i heard olsen had a good game?

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yeah that's pretty much how i see it too. After the goal we lost it. No issue with the pen or the not red card.

No real outrage in the media, we looked like we always does these days.  A few have started to raise the issue that we have players perfectly suited to a 433 but insist on playing a 442.

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You see his name pop up in the transfer thread or in the Ramsey and Chuk threads as a comparison and it's not a knock on those players at all but honestly this kid is special, everytime I see dortmund he's either the best or the second best player on the pitch

Got a dortmund ST holder in the office, proper European home and away fan, messaged her the day he signed and said forget sancho this is the kid, she loves him

AFAIK from the vets team I was in who know him quite well his dad is his agent, got Liverpool sniffing but the fee will be huge, it'll break grealish's record 

Yeah I think he'll break Grealish's transfer given his age and how good he is already. His ceiling is ridiculously high, would start him at the World Cup alongside Rice.

Think he'd fit at Plop but they don't tend to spend that sort of money on players, so he may end up at one of the super rich clubs but who knows.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah that's pretty much how i see it too. After the goal we lost it. No issue with the pen or the not red card.

No real outrage in the media, we looked like we always does these days.  A few have started to raise the issue that we have players perfectly suited to a 433 but insist on playing a 442.

Funnily enough the polish media praised Sweden for consistency before the game and saying how Poland lacked it.

Thank god we went for a very pragmatic approach, or it could have been a repeat of the Euros. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Despite me seemingly being a massive Southgate fanboy over the last page it would be typical of him to start Kalvin Phillips (I think Henderson has just resorted to being a squad player now) at the world cup and that would be big error as Bellingham is simply a better player.

Him and Rice as the double divot looks pretty strong to me. People saying Rice is average on the ball, Bellingham isn't so potential same dynamic as what France had with Pogba-Kante at last world cup.

Really England should be playing 4-2-3-1 by now, frustrating Southgate still feels he needs to pack loads of defenders in the team but England need to start imposing themselves more on opposition as talent in final third is very good compared to many rival teams in the tournament.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

When Poland were 2-0 up Olsen turned into a robot. Could have easily been 5-0, he was class. 

Should've been out for second goal but yeah he made two incredible reflex saves from corners late on.

I assume we'll sign him for a couple of million in the summer as being a reserve dosen't impact on his NT place.

If we think Bellingham is going to be one of the first names on Southgate's team sheet, I think we are kidding ourselves Too young to risk, Southgate will be thinking, even though, we all know he's arguably the best player in the squad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If we think Bellingham is going to be one of the first names on Southgate's team sheet, I think we are kidding ourselves Too young to risk, Southgate will be thinking, even though, we all know he's arguably the best player in the squad.

100%.

Southgate will bottle it and pick his old safe faithfuls with a view to just trying to stay in the tournament. JWP too looks great for England and I doubt he'll even be on the plane. Southgate needs to go for it instead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Argentina are going to feel so lost without Nigeria at the World Cup.

Argentina vs. Nigeria is a World Cup staple.

94,02,06,10,14,18. It’s actually nuts how much they’ve drawn each other. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair to Southgate hes probably given young players more of an opportunity than any other England manager previous. 

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

To be fair to Southgate hes probably given young players more of an opportunity than any other England manager previous. 

Problem is with the talent of Bellingham, he needs more than a opportunity, much more. He needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Not playing his best player in the Euros lost him the final. I'll let you guess who that was?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really England should be playing 4-2-3-1 by now, frustrating Southgate still feels he needs to pack loads of defenders in the team but England need to start imposing themselves more on opposition as talent in final third is very good compared to many rival teams in the tournament.

It's obvious it should be:

Back 5

Bellingham Rice

Sterling    Foden/Mount Grealish

Kane

But we know he'll play something like:

Pickin' it out of his own net Ford

Trippier      Stones Maguire Coady       Shaw

Kane (Deep lying DM)

Phillips Henderson Rice

Sterling

• Like 2