International Football General Chat

villa4europe

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Yet they were the better team in both games. This isnt a game of FIFA. It isnt just about how many star players you have. What you're really saying is "England and Belgium have more famous players". Italy were the best team at Euro 2020 which is why they won it. Same with Greece.

I wouldn't even say we had more famous players.

One thing I would say, is Italy had the better manager. He out smarted Southgate, tactically in game and then on penalties. 

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Yet they were the better team in both games. This isnt a game of FIFA. It isnt just about how many star players you have. What you're really saying is "England and Belgium have more famous players". Italy were the best team at Euro 2020 which is why they won it. Same with Greece.

Not really true though. England started both Italy and Croatia games on fire and Southgate negativity allowed them back into the game and slow down to there pace 

Italy and Croatia both had 2 games go to extra time before playing England 

Southgate is a dud

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wearing red, obviously thought it was Liverpool or United 

Different ref, different competition, but compare it to the Huddersfield player booked in the Championship playoffs a week ago. May as well flip a **** coin.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We couldn't beat them!

Also, what happened to McGinn running the show?

The Scots always raise their game against the English, be it football, rugby or sliding rocks on an ice rink!

I reckon McGinn needs a rest - he must be exhausted! 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The Scots always raise their game against the English

Even when they don't win they count it as a win, like last summer when they beat England 0-0 in the Euros. 

I really don't get how Scotland can continue to underperform to the level they do.  Yeah, it's not the biggest country by population but it's affluent, has a strong football culture and a decent league.  Places like Denmark, Croatia, Ireland and Wales can put a team together with similar or lesser resources.  What happened? 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Scotland are abysmal 

To think they almost qualified for the World Cup… 

Ireland are worse despite today's result. The scots were on the beach today  

• Like 1

They decided to only produce left backs 

Seriously though they seem to be lacking in certain positions and have been for a long time, they have no striker or CB

They could put out a midfield 3 of PL starters but then a pub league central defence 

Had a look on wiki at their 4 strikers have a total of 8 goals between them in 51 caps, the other 4 strikers from their recent call ups have 16 goals in 92 caps, that's shit

Theyve also only got Patterson, Gilmour and Hickey who are still of U21 age, its not a young unexperienced full of potential group

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I reckon McGinn needs a rest - he must be exhausted! 

He's getting a nice long break just before Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

I really don't get how Scotland can continue to underperform to the level they do.  Yeah, it's not the biggest country by population but it's affluent, has a strong football culture and a decent league.  Places like Denmark, Croatia, Ireland and Wales can put a team together with similar or lesser resources.  What happened? 

I really think the complete and utter dominance of 2 teams harms them.  Not just in terms of having only 2 half decent teams battling it out with the rest of the league MILES behind, but I expect their academies hoover up all the talent narrowing the possibility of someone breaking through. 

• Like 2

On 05/06/2022 at 23:56, Zatman said:

Not really true though. England started both Italy and Croatia games on fire and Southgate negativity allowed them back into the game and slow down to there pace 

Italy and Croatia both had 2 games go to extra time before playing England 

Southgate is a dud

Yeah I rewatched part of the Croatia game a while ago, honestly in the first 20 Croatia couldn't string two passes together or even keep it in play

Â