International Football General Chat

villa4europe

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah I rewatched part of the Croatia game a while ago, honestly in the first 20 Croatia couldn't string two passes together or even keep it in play

Was similar Italy game. A real manager would have went for the kill 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was similar Italy game. A real manager would have went for the kill 

Even failing that a real manager would have at least done something as he saw the tide turn in the match, Southgate's subs in the final were dreadful

Mason Mount played 96 minutes in the final and was absolutely **** dreadful and out of position for all 96 of them 

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Northern Ireland’s brief flirtation with being a decent team looks over, losing 2-0 at home to Cyprus, ouch!

O'Neill overachieved with them and was a tough manager to replace

• Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 15:24, bannedfromHandV said:

Northern Ireland’s brief flirtation with being a decent team looks over, losing 2-0 at home to Cyprus, ouch!

I think Scotland may be copying them. Losing 3-0 to Ireland is really dropping from their recent highs

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think Scotland may be copying them. Losing 3-0 to Ireland is really dropping from their recent highs

Scotland didnt come back and draw at least :P  

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Just realised they changed keepers at 120 minutes, mad bastards

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Loved the Australian keepers dancing in the shootout 😎

As soon as we subbed him on, knowing his "Wiggles routine" that he performs, I thought we were going to be a viral laughing stock if we lost. Amazed it worked out.

• Like 1

The Socceroos get worse in terms of both high end talent and depth every world cup, but we keep qualifying because we're gritty and disciplined. 

Men's football development pathways just aren't producing high end stars. At all. It feels like when we finally do fail to qualify we'll fall off a bit of a cliff and miss a few in a row. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The Socceroos get worse in terms of both high end talent and depth every world cup, but we keep qualifying because we're gritty and disciplined. 

Men's football development pathways just aren't producing high end stars. At all. It feels like when we finally do fail to qualify we'll fall off a bit of a cliff and miss a few in a row. 

We’re struggling with genuine talent at the moment (probably just Hrustic playing at the highest level) but we still should have enough to finish at least 4th in Asia. This year’s close call was possibly partly down to the trouble with negotiating qualifications during the pandemic restrictions I reckon. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

As soon as we subbed him on, knowing his "Wiggles routine" that he performs, I thought we were going to be a viral laughing stock if we lost. Amazed it worked out.

Now you're a laughing stock that somehow won instead :D.

Â