International Football General Chat

villa4europe

I dont dislike Australia but think last few tournaments they didnt really bring much to them except Tim Cahill. Some of the players playing I never heard of before 

Peruvian fans were crazy in 2018 so wanted see them back

53 minutes ago, Hornso said:

image.jpeg.1b28419b786000d125eb5a7dd39f039b.jpeg

I'm sorry to tell you that this lad is going to be living off this forever in the public sphere in Australia. I look forward to the 'novelty' DVDs and the 'novelty' penalty-themed chain of bars and restaurants that are inevitably coming your way in the near future. 

16 hours ago, robby b said:

Why are Peru playing in red with a white stripe instead of their usual and classic white with a red stripe??? Confused.

Sometimes teams play in their away kit  because of a colour clash.  Sometimes teams play in their away kit to "encourage" fans to buy the replica.   Peru are changing shirt suppliers next season so maybe there are a lot of unsold away shirts sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  I'm not sure the result will mean those shirts will be flying off of shelves in Lima any time soon, but of course they wouldn't have known that when the call was made yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Sometimes teams play in their away kit  because of a colour clash.  Sometimes teams play in their away kit to "encourage" fans to buy the replica.   Peru are changing shirt suppliers next season so maybe there are a lot of unsold away shirts sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  I'm not sure the result will mean those shirts will be flying off of shelves in Lima any time soon, but of course they wouldn't have known that when the call was made yesterday. 

I'm sure England have in their contract with Nike a minimum number of times that they will wear the away shirt per year 

With the qualifying cycles and now the NL they will have a rough idea of their fixtures for the next 2 years so can work around it

Remembering back to project restart I'm sure they also had a contract clause for minimum number of games in general that they will play hence why there were some questionable friendlies that shouldn't have taken place 

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Oh I see, I never thought about the encouraging fans to buy the replica thing.

I know about the colour clash but there's totally not one with the green and gold of Australia, and it was at a neutral venue so both teams were away, that's why I was puzzled.

Gutted Peru lost. :<  I wanted all three of my international teams in the world cup for the first time ever: England, Wales and Peru.

41 minutes ago, WHY said:

Hope Southgate watched the cricket, this is what can  happen when you let players play their own game instead of shackling them. 

Southgate probably watched the best defensive strokes of Geoffrey Boycott before each right back inspiring team selection 

• Haha 2

Arman Hovhannisyan might be football newest hardman or diva. 2 red cards in the last 5 games he and also threw a water bottle at the ref last week

Edited by Zatman

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont dislike Australia but think last few tournaments they didnt really bring much to them except Tim Cahill. Some of the players playing I never heard of before 

Much more of the same I expect. Two of our back 4 last night were earning only their 3rd caps each. Both have only played in the A League, but both have just joined Hearts. Even Redmayne the GK hero, is a 33 year old A League player earning only his 3rd ever cap.

I imagine we will be very much making up the numbers. As previously mentioned on here, since the good squad of 2006, we have been a long, constant decline in terms of talent.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

We just have zero really high end talent.

In 2006 when we got out of the group stages, just about the entire squad was playing in big 5 leagues. Now it's just Ryan and Hrustic. 

The restructuring of Australian football with the A-League 15 years ago has really killed our top end talent production here, because instead of going to Europe as teenagers and learning how to play with the best coaching and development, young Australians can stay home, play in a professional league and then move to the middle east at the end of their career for a big payday. 

Not really sure how to fix it but it's not getting better.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WHY said:

Hope Southgate watched the cricket, this is what can  happen when you let players play their own game instead of shackling them. 

Yes. That’s definitely true.  

Â