International Football General Chat

villa4europe

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

First 4 penalties missed between Senegal and Egypt (including Mo Salah’s effort 😂)

Absolute farce of a shootout, Egypt players had about a hundreds lasers shining on them for each penalty. Can't believe it took place.

• Shocked 1

I like the look of England like this. I remember the odd occasion we'd set up similar to this in the run up to the Euros and we looked like we could really be something special. And then Southgate decided that no, it wasn't right, we had to play loads of defensive midfielders and Harry Kane.

Bellingham and Grealish really seem to balance the team out well.

I know it's a friendly against 10 men but... Please Gareth can we look into iterating on this setup in future?

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

I like the look of England like this. I remember the odd occasion we'd set up similar to this in the run up to the Euros and we looked like we could really be something special. And then Southgate decided that no, it wasn't right, we had to play loads of defensive midfielders and Harry Kane.

Bellingham and Grealish really seem to balance the team out well.

I know it's a friendly against 10 men but... Please Gareth can we look into iterating on this setup in future?

How dare you question the greatest England manager since Sir Alf !!! :rolleyes: ;)

Â