International Football General Chat

villa4europe

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

30 minutes of Shaw receiving the ball in acres of space. Taking 3 touches and passing it backwards. Why even bother.

It's the tactics this half, no risks hold on to the lead.

Standard Southgate don't you know 

Does seem people watch England games just to get offended by any miscontrol of ball or whatever.

I mean Poland-Sweden had a couple of villa players involved and was a nicely poised game for 70 minutes and Senegal-Egypt had a very dramatic penalty shoot out with hilarious penalty miss by Salah so there are other alternatives compared to a dead rubber friendly.

England as far as I can tell have barely lost a match or conceded a goal in last two years yet everyone is f***ing hopeless so sounds about right.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Don't normally bother watching England and only tuned in because of Ollie and Ming's, can't say I've even remotely enjoyed it, I just really don't care. 

Same here pal;

Club before country every single time... I have no love for any of the players in the England squad aside from Mings or Ollie...

If we were to go on to win it, we would only have Man City fans demanding that everyone appreciate them for them "winning the world cup" - like West Ham fans, but infinitely more dislikable...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Does seem people watch England games just to get offended by any miscontrol of ball or whatever.

I mean Poland-Sweden had a couple of villa players involved and was a nicely poised game for 70 minutes and Senegal-Egypt had a very dramatic penalty shoot out with hilarious penalty miss by Salah so there are other alternatives compared to a dead rubber friendly.

England as far as I can tell have barely lost a match or conceded a goal in last two years yet everyone is f***ing hopeless so sounds about right.....

Won F*** all though mate.

Come back to me biggin up Southgate when they actually win something. Cause under him I doubt we will  he's a bottler and always has been.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think the relegation and then Bruce and stepping away before coming back means I'm in a good place with villa, rain or shine I can enjoy thr wins and gloss over the defeats without getting too bothered 

England on the other hand... **** me I don't know why I do it, I dont enjoy it I know I don't enjoy it but I still do it every other game even if its just 20 mins at a time, I hate it, it makes me irrationally angry 

come the tournaments I'll get pissed and watch it through 1 eye claiming to enjoy it, those villa days have gone 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Come back to me biggin up Southgate when they actually win something. Cause under him I doubt we will  he's a bottler and always has been.

I'd still rate England behind likes of France and Brazil personally. Will certainly be interesting coming up against either in knockouts before final at next world cup, still feels to me like England need that big knock out win and performance to really believe they can win a tournament (Germany was perhaps one in euros but they were very average during last summer) and yeah Southgate probably hasn't got that in him.

Still though results as far as I can see are very consistant and more importantly all the squad are enjoying playing for NT which is complete contrast to 2006-16 period when results were poor and many big name players hated it, at least now there's a coherent structure and you can get reasonably far in international tournaments playing that style as Portugal have shown many times.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit of a harsh standard there! 99.5% of the national teams on the planet have 'won f*** all' over the last 4 years. And what we have won is a lot of matches. I mean, I watch most Vietnam games as well, trust me it could be a lot worse.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the relegation and then Bruce and stepping away before coming back means I'm in a good place with villa, rain or shine I can enjoy thr wins and gloss over the defeats without getting too bothered 

England on the other hand... **** me I don't know why I do it, I dont enjoy it I know I don't enjoy it but I still do it every other game even if its just 20 mins at a time, I hate it, it makes me irrationally angry 

come the tournaments I'll get pissed and watch it through 1 eye claiming to enjoy it, those villa days have gone 

Germany-Holland looked interesting, could've watched that instead.

Just a bit bemused people watch England win, keep another clean sheet and get massively offended by it all. I could obviously understand it more in the directionless era of going out to Iceland at major tournaments under Hodgson or drawing 0-0 with Algeria at a world cup but it's very clear England are in a miles stronger place now and genuinely have top quality players in many positions with good depth.

Not sure on world cup mid season but really think the euros in Germany is a very winnable tournament.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Its just that it feels like watching paint dry for long periods of play, you can barely fault the players, they do as they're told.

The thing with a lot fans too is that we are staunchly bias towards our own. In addition many feel that the game has gone, trophies are bought at club level, Oligarchs given carte blanche, regimes are allowed to buy our clubs, etc etc, in many ways its a vile toxic fixed business and unless its your own club, many do not give a ****.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Germany-Holland looked interesting, could've watched that instead.

Just a bit bemused people watch England win, keep another clean sheet and get massively offended by it all. I could obviously understand it more in the directionless era of going out to Iceland at major tournaments under Hodgson or drawing 0-0 with Algeria at a world cup but it's very clear England are in a miles stronger place now and genuinely have top quality players in many positions with good depth.

Not sure on world cup mid season but really think the euros in Germany is a very winnable tournament.

All of them coming up are winnable tournaments because England have the best attacking talent in the world 

Unfortunately we have a manager who uses that talent to get us out of the shit rather than properly go at teams 

Germany vs Holland is their big derby (so I'm surprised they played it if I'm honest, usually trouble at those games) but I've got no real interest in that, same as I'm not really that fussed about the nations league or even champions league, I don't watch much as a neutral anymore 

• Like 1

Â