Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I’d rate Tshibola as one of our worst ever signings too. Quite clearly nowhere near good enough whatsoever for where we were at the time, let alone where we wanted to get to

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The sheer amount of money wasted under Xia was grotesque. McCormack embodies the worst bloated aspects of that leadership. A stain on the club.

Yes. Everyone at the time was loving the tweets but I remember posting in both the McCormack and Hogan threads that this deals were financial madness. Amazing how people get carried away when someone chucks a load of money around and they lose all rationale.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d rate Tshibola as one of our worst ever signings too. Quite clearly nowhere near good enough whatsoever for where we were at the time, let alone where we wanted to get to

I don't think he was that bad, it was just that we paid waaay over the price for him. Had we paid £1-2 million then it wouldn't have been a bad signing.  Reading saw us coming. He did a decent job at Kilmarnock under Clarke who rated him, and before lockdown was playing in the Portuguese Primeria Liga which I would say it is roughly the same level as most of the championship. His best moment for us was coming on versus Newcastle and scoring. And in the 3 years down there I would put only Wolves as the better team I saw in that division.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think he was that bad, it was just that we paid waaay over the price for him. Had we paid £1-2 million then it wouldn't have been a bad signing.  Reading saw us coming. He did a decent job at Kilmarnock under Clarke who rated him, and before lockdown was playing in the Portuguese Primeria Liga which I would say it is roughly the same level as most of the championship. His best moment for us was coming on versus Newcastle and scoring. And in the 3 years down there I would put only Wolves as the better team I saw in that division.

The game against Newcastle was the only good thing he ever did.

He was dreadful for us. He consistently looked far below his depth and our worst midfielder in a midfield that included Ashley Westwood and Gary gardner.

Sorry but I think he was and is utterly awful

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He was one of the most expensive midfielders in Championship history, and had done absolutely nothing in the game. He was nothing more than vague potential. Pretty difficult to choose whether he or McCormack were worse signings, but they are surely both in the ten worst in the club's history.

You'll get me started on Jacob Bedeau soon.

In hindsight, £12-14m and a four-year contract of £40,00pw rising to £70,000pw following promotion is remarkably bad business for a 29-year-old. No re-sell value at all.

There was some relative logic (if terrible judgement) at least in signing some of the younger players.

Edited by The_Steve

On 26/06/2020 at 14:04, Stevo985 said:

Hand the right agent though....

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

In hindsight, £12-14m and a four-year contract of £40,00pw rising to £70,000pw following promotion is remarkably bad business for a 29-year-old. No re-sell value at all.

There was some relative logic (if terrible judgement) at least in signing some of the younger players.

I said it at the time, it was a panic signing after we got battered in a home friendly think was by Boro. People were saying we were shit and Xia the genius panic bought him the next day with not actual plan

McCormack is easily amongst the worst signings we've ever made.

Possibly made all the worse by the fact you could see it was a disaster the minute it was announced. That money, at that time, on a player at that age... Completely stupid.

• 1 month later...
Â