Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

How the feck does Simon Jordan know that? Prick. 

Exactly.

Yes Simon, i'm sure there is only one type of electric gate in the whole world.

What a prize word removed that bloke is.

51 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Exactly.

Yes Simon, i'm sure there is only one type of electric gate in the whole world.

What a prize word removed that bloke is.

He is allowed a opinion and to be honest I agree with him. McCormack is a lazy slob. Put in hardly any effort on the pitch for us. He is  disgrace 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He is allowed a opinion and to be honest I agree with him. McCormack is a lazy slob. Put in hardly any effort on the pitch for us. He is  disgrace 

Except of course, I didn't mention anything about what he said about McCormack being a lazy slob. More his assumption about the gate.

Anyway, it's basically a word removed calling another word removed a lazy word removed so hardly worth bothering about.

53 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

To be honest it was my first thought when I first heard about #gategate, surely you must be able to open them manually?

If not then they're not as good as a normal gate.

I go to about 30 people's houses a day through the year and I've never once encountered a set of electronic gates that can't be opened manually or there be some kind of alternative way in. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I've never seen them, I'm sure there's some health and safety thing so that if there is a power cut that lasts a few days you're not going to starve to death 100 yards from a co-op. 

Besides, there's always a way if you want to, he said "what if I'd turned my ankle" when asked about jumping the gates but if the manager has asked you to do it then it's totally on him if that happens, otherwise you could just say "what if I pull a muscle in training? Safer to just not bother going" 

• Like 4

Electric gates will have a manual override as a safety precaution. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't. If they were broken he should have opened them manually, gone to training and arranged for someone to come out and fix them on his next day off. Like anyone who works a full time job would! 

There is obviously more to it than that but he had the perfect opportunity to apologise and he didn't. If he's going through a divorce, he has my sympathies but there are people at my work who are going through breakups and they come in and graft, because they're paid to do so.

There was always rumours about his unprofessionalism and it seems we were done up like a kipper. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Electric gates will have a manual override as a safety precaution. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't. If they were broken he should have opened them manually, gone to training and arranged for someone to come out and fix them on his next day off. Like anyone who works a full time job would! 

Quite. When you think about it, Installing electronic gates that you couldn't override if they failed - like when there is a fire - would just totally be forbidden by regulations. This story just doesn't wash.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Indeed

On a side note, I am spending my Friday night looking on google to see if electric gates have manual overrides.

No wonder I am single. 

Well I am spending my Friday eveming learning all about the British Leafy Salad Association so I can totally relate to this post. :)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Â