Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Asked about the event now known as 'Gate-Gate', the Scotland international said: "It's a true story, honestly. Listen, I'm not a kid, I know how it sounds. But there were factors to it.

"It was never anything from me saying i wasn't coming into training. Just that I was going to be a bit late until I got the gate fixed.

"I was supposed to go in to training, but by the time the guy had come in and fixed the gate, it was about 4pm. I rang the club and told them I could now get in, but they said don't bother - we'll see you tomorrow."

McCormack would not lift the lid on his 'okay' relationship with Villa boss Steve Bruce
McCormack would not lift the lid on his 'okay' relationship with Villa boss Steve Bruce

McCormack remained fairly coy on his relationship with Villa boss Steve Bruce, terming it just "okay" and said he had no idea if he would ever turn out for the club again.

He added: "The manager said what he felt he needed to say. I've got other opinions that I will keep to myself. As I say, it's been a tough time for me. Personally, but I'm out the door now which is something the club wanted, and it suits me too.

The Scotland international has only scored three goals in 22 games since his move from Fulham
The Scotland international has only scored three goals in 22 games since his move from Fulham

"I'll go back there in the summer. You never know in football, it's been pretty bleak situations before, and then all of a sudden it changes. I've no doubt I can still make the grade at Villa, I've proved that in the past.

"My confidence was all over the place if I'm honest. I'd play 65 minutes and then be pulled off, and not get a chance in the next game. But I've not had it easy in my career. I've had to work hard to get all I've got. I don't need to prove anything to anyone else. I just need to prove to myself that I can still do it, as I have in the past."

McCormack will spend the rest of the season on loan with Villa's Championship rivals
McCormack will spend the rest of the season on loan with Villa's Championship rivals

Ironically, Forest's first game since McCormack's arrival is against Villa, so the 30-year-old will have to wait until their trip to Norwich on February 11 for his debut.

He is keen to impress his new employers and possibly earn a permanent move in the summer, or perhaps secure interest from elsewhere if his future turns out to be away from Villa Park.

"I'm desperate to get back on the goal trail, I've only scored three goals this season, which isn't good enough," McCormack added.

"It's been tough - that price tag, and walking into that dressing room. It's a massive, massive club. Up until I got injured against Brentford, there was a stat that I'd created more chances than anyone else in the League. Which is decent seeing as I'd gone there as a striker but was being used as a number 10."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11727/10753475/ross-mccormack-explains-gate-gate-and-admits-happiness-at-being-away-from-aston-villa

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Interesting comments from Ross but a bit sad he couldn't bring himself to sort things out with Bruce instead of opting to leave on loan.

As for only getting the odd chance here and there, then only one person can impress the manager in training and I suppose you have to be there to earn that chance.

• Like 1

Shit excuse re:gate and general attitude has reportedly been poor but I think you take that out I think he handled that interview pretty well. He decided to not criticise the club and Bruce overtly. hopefully he does ok (though not to the point his goals make forest finish above us) and we can reassess if he apologises or sell for decent money in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Personally I hope he sorts his problems out at Forest and comes back to do well for us. Having been through a marriage breakup the last thing on my mind was work. 

Speaks about coming back here in the summer so the door is not closed on him .

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Speaks about coming back here in the summer so the door is not closed on him .

I guess he's hoping for a new manager at Villa in the summer. There's a difference between closing a door on a player and the player not being able to get past a malfunctioning electrical gate.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Personally I hope he sorts his problems out at Forest and comes back to do well for us. Having been through a marriage breakup the last thing on my mind was work. 

I don't I hope that fat piece of shit never plays for us again

I wouldn't be against having him back to be honest. He mentions personal troubles and that can affect someone. Hopefully he can get through those in the next 6 months, elsewhere, then when he comes back in the summer he'll hopefully be ready to prove himself here.

If it doesn't work out, sell him. But I'd rather have a good Ross McCormack at Villa than at a rival Championship club.

• Like 1

If he hadn't been seriously late or missed training a further FIVE times that gate excuse might wash. Nobody would be bothered, shit happens. 

I notice he doesn't mention that bit. 

No apology. Expected. Shut up and crack on playing football elsewhere. If you want to come back and apologise in the summer, we will deal with that then. Until then, not interested in what he does to be honest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

If you can't lose yourself in football ,especially when your getting paid plenty for it , then I really don't get that at all  .

Â