Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Well this is quick even for us! The classic player out of the squad becoming our savior and the player we desperately need.

I've maintained that McCormack, Ayew and Grealish should be first team players as they would get the best out of each other. So nothing to do with that. But 2 shocking transfer decisions and we're left with the 1 who most needed the other 2 to help his development. Wonderful.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I dont wish to appear defending him IF he had indeed been "a very naughty boy'

So, you start with this then proceed to blame at least 8 other people for mccormacks poor form.

A player who couldn't be arsed to turn up for training. A player who couldn't be arsed to issue an apology for letting his teammates down.

i get your anti-Bruce thing, it's understandable considering where we are. I'm in the lets give him more time but I'll happily accept your position on Bruce.

But not this with McCormack. It's ridiculous and the reason he is at forest is all his own doing.

havent we spent the last couple of years trying to rid the squad of 'parasites' with terrible attitude. I'd argue, very strongly, that McCormack is in that category based on the last few weeks events.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2017 at 21:12, dudevillaisnice said:

His goal was actually really good. From a through ball, something we never do. He was making the same runs here. 

Apparently he's really good at unlocking the gates of the defence.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Ah Fernando Nelson! I was always underwhelmed by that signing. Signing players from smaller countries that aren't regulars in their national team has always been a no-no for me. Or at least it was when we were a PL club :unsure:  

Wouldn't really call Portugal a small country in football terms.

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why is there NEVER a middleground on here? Who said he is our saviour?

Fact is he has been a top, top player at this level for years and suddenly became "shit" when he got here.

That makes zero sense no matter how dramatically you try to spin it.

and its up to a manager to manage a player and not belittle him to the media and make it impossible for him to play for the club again. Not saying MCormack is the good guy here but Bruce failed to get anything out of a player who has banged goals in for fun the last three seasons

• Like 2

On 16/02/2017 at 17:58, kurtsimonw said:

I've maintained that McCormack, Ayew and Grealish should be first team players as they would get the best out of each other. So nothing to do with that. But 2 shocking transfer decisions and we're left with the 1 who most needed the other 2 to help his development. Wonderful.

I can't disagree more.  All three have been given countless opportunities and between all 3 they have less than 10 goals combined this season. Pathetic stuff really.

On 17/02/2017 at 13:45, PaulC said:

Bruce failed to get anything out of a player who has banged goals in for fun the last three seasons

I think it's unfair to say he got nothing out of McCormack. He learnt a lot about the operation of electronic fences and I believe McCormack left behind a couple of manuals.

• Like 1

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 17:54, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why is there NEVER a middleground on here? Who said he is our saviour?

Fact is he has been a top, top player at this level for years and suddenly became "shit" when he got here.

That makes zero sense no matter how dramatically you try to spin it.

Middle ground? That's a bit extreme ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I can't disagree more.  All three have been given countless opportunities and between all 3 they have less than 10 goals combined this season. Pathetic stuff really.

You didn't read what I said. I said Ayew, McCormack and Grealish should have played together to get the best out of each other. How often did they play together?

Huddersfield - 79 minutes - McCormack goal, Grealish assist.
Rotherham - 74 minutes - McCormack assist
Derby - 83 minutes 
Bristol - 90 minutes - Grealish goal
Forest - 90 minutes - McCormack goal, Ayew assist x2
Wigan - 30 minutes - Grealish goal
Burton - 15 minutes - McCormack goal

So the 3 of them only played 461 minutes together, which is nothing. A total contribution of 5 goals and 4 assists in that short time and only once did they all appear together at some point in a game and didn't contribute to us scoring. 

They average 1 goal per every 92 minutes when on the field together, that's without even counting the assists. That's better than what we've averaged all season and isn't even including goals from other sources, like our top scorer Kodjia.

• Like 3

Another note I'd add. With them on the field we outscored 4 teams (Huddersfield, Rotherham, Wigan and Burton), level with 2 teams (Forest and Derby) and were outscored by 1 (Bristol). That's 14 points over 7 games, 2ppg.

I'm sure I'll get some disagreement to the above because #Stats. But it certainly backs up what I felt I saw when they played together. 

• Like 3

On 16/02/2017 at 17:54, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I claim my  £5

Harry%20Redknapp

Â