1 minute ago, Zatman said:

we have a recall clause?

I imagine that would be a pretty awkward conversation for Bruce to have :D

"Let's just put this Gate Gate behind us so you can please save my job"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine that would be a pretty awkward conversation for Bruce to have :D

"Let's just put this Gate Gate behind us so you can please save my job"

it's a most poetic illustration of irony.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

saw he set up their 2nd goal last night but didn't seem to part of the team celebration -seems he is an impact sub at best .

Thanks for that. He will be back here and I'm guessing we are stuck with him :(

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We need to off load him. He is over the hill and on too much money, his attitude is also disgusting, a real bad apple.

I along with no doubt everyone else can think of more than one player who that description might fit and have fitted at Villa Park. Being able to off load players such as that is often the most difficult bit. 

Was always going to be a terrible signing when looking solely on the financial part. (He was never single-handedly going to fire us to promotion)

Turns out he was also a terrible signing performance vise as well.

For all our good intentions we seem to be making many of the same mistakes we made under our former owner.

Even if we manage to offload him in the summer he will take a massive hit and possible be forced to pay part of his wages for the duration of his contract. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We need to off load him. He is over the hill and on too much money, his attitude is also disgusting, a real bad apple.

Those are probably all the reasons we won't be able to do the former?

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was an unused sub for Forest on Saturday, don't know how much he played last night.

What I find amazing is can he not just get himself fit this season?!

Not training and getting twatted probably doesn't help!

23 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's all down to attitude. You shouldn't be over the hill at 31 to be honest.

The best we can realistically hope for is that he either pulls his finger out and we can move him on at a smallish loss or he gets so bad we have grounds to cancel his contract so we don't have to pay him.

This transfer has been a disaster so far - looked like a good signing too. Ah well, you never know how these things will pan out.

• Like 1

Ever wondered that rmc didn't want to play negative tripe football under the Dinasour? He seems more than happy smashing the goals in at Fulham.. He's scored for 3 seasons running yet when Bruce turns up he don't wanna know? 

Spending 12m to send him out on loan that same season is more evidence of mismanagement again... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JE- said:

Ever wondered that rmc didn't want to play negative tripe football under the Dinasour? He seems more than happy smashing the goals in at Fulham.. He's scored for 3 seasons running yet when Bruce turns up he don't wanna know? 

Spending 12m to send him out on loan that same season is more evidence of mismanagement again... 

That may be have been a good point if he also wasn't pretty poor under RDM as well. 

• Like 2

Â