The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Imagine what the nearest Wetherspoons is like that day.

Yeah it was proper packed. 

Errrm, so i heard :ph34r:

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2019 at 13:08, wazzap24 said:

Atherstone. 

Ah yes, the shrove tuesday traditional ball game. I've worked in Atherstone for years and it definitely has it's own style shall we say ? A place where the local school register has probably no more than four different surnames on it.

Very "close knit", so to speak. Yoof.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 13/09/2019 at 10:52, lapal_fan said:

I'm captaining a ship tomorrow, alongside @Rob182 and @Paddywhack + wags + children. 

Much Bigger GIF - Jaws Action Suspense GIFs

I've only just seen this notification.

Remember when @Paddywhack tried to park the boat and he did a full 180, crashing into two little old ladies in their antique boat?

Good times

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I've only just seen this notification.

Remember when @Paddywhack tried to park the boat and he did a full 180, crashing into two little old ladies in their antique boat?

Good times

I also remember some pretty poor rope work when I first moored up to wait to get into the lock, and ended up looking like Austin Powers going backwards and forwards :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I also remember some pretty poor rope work when I first moored up to wait to get into the lock, and ended up looking like Austin Powers going backwards and forwards :lol: 

I have a similar story, couldn't reverse the boat and car without the lock turning at an acute angle and us getting maybe a meter down the ramp..

About a dozen cars are waiting on us, car horns are beeping and people getting sh*tty. Then some genius (no sarcasm) actually decided to get out his car and help us spuds out!

Who would have thought?! The solution was clearly to do what everyone else was doing and just get angry and frustrated with the situation..

Upon entering the water, we went in a direction which we were unaware would lead us to underwater rocks and that you can't navigate.

The people that were fishing on the pier starting calling and shouting at us to turn around, but I couldn't hear them, so I turned the boat and headed directly for the pier..

They were so pissed off.. hahaha.. I think because maybe the boat would scare away the fish, I don't know, but I think we managed to get on the wrong side of everyone but us!

There was 4 of us in a 2 man dingy that day, and we were lucky not to die I reckon, maybe a slight exaggeration, but it's amazing it didn't get worse.

Add to this the drain plug had been replaced with a wine cork. And we were all stoned. What a mess.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Absolutely morons.  This year's game was started off by Brian Little.

Yeah he was at 1:12 in the video thinking "what the ****"!

Out for a lunch time meal with the family for my old man’s 70th today. He’d rather just have a takeaway, but we’ll be in The Boathouse Inn in Shrewsbury.

After that, heading down to Hereford for a wedding. Pre wedding meal and drinks tonight at the Cosy Club.

Assuming I can still fit into my suit, the ceremony is on the Saturday with my best man’s speech taking place sometime early evening (I think). 

Death, glory or comfortable middling mediocrity awaits me.

Meeting my parents for the bi annual handing over of wine from their home in France. This involves taking them somewhere to eat that will not have a person of non white english descent serving as this will incur casual racism from them. My options are limiting with every visit.

Busy old weekend for me. 

Posh steak and chips tonight with some old friends visiting from overseas. 

Out for breakfast with some other friends tomorrow morning.

Brentford/Stoke in the afternoon then down to Brighton to see the missus.

Back up to London Sunday for the Arsenal game.

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Birthday weekend, getting too old now so can’t be arsed with going up town. As its meant to be sunny, a pub crawl tomorrow round clent. 

Love me some Clent. A few hours walking around those hills and you're ready for a pint 😀

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Birthday weekend, getting too old now so can’t be arsed with going up town. As its meant to be sunny, a pub crawl tomorrow round clent. 

Happy Birthday pal! :cheers:

Edited by Xela
  • Thanks 1

Quite a decent week at work... not busy at all, which makes a lovely change. Had a few scoops after work by the Mailbox tonight. Celebrating some good news a mate has had. 

Not much planned for the rest of the weekend... hoping to have a nice lie in tomorrow. Will no doubt be looking at rightmove and car classified websites

Last busk of the season for the band my nipper is in. I’m going to miss it, I was sort of bag man / roadie.

You know that first ever thing on the internet, techno Viking? There’s a hanger on guy on that walks up and gives him a bottle of water, half trying to be discreet but in a look at me underplaying it sort of way. That’s me that is.

Â