The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I have no facts or statistics to back this up but i reckon Lichfield has the highest percentage of mobility scooters and walking sticks per capita in the UK. 

The PIP bill must be huge. 

I’ve got a completely different view of Lichfield to you .

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The Plough at Huddlesford. Great place, tying into what @Xela says, usually overrun with people who struggle to remember the first time they saw a pineapple. 

Me and the wife took my mom there for lunch two weeks ago, awesome place and will certainly go back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We once broke down outside The Whittington pub. The AA said they would be two hours for some reason. It’s fair to say none of us were walking straight when we came out .

Whittington Arms I presume. We've had boxing day dinner there.

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve got a completely different view of Lichfield to you .

Lichfield by day is very nice.

We got married in Lichfield, and I can tell you Lichfield by night is "Broad Street Wannabee". Full of noisy pissed up words removed.

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I have no facts or statistics to back this up but i reckon Lichfield has the highest percentage of mobility scooters and walking sticks per capita 

I have no stats or facts either, but I’d also say that, alongside Tamworth and Nuneaton  - they have the highest percentage of people with more than 5 fingers on each hand. 

Edited by wazzap24
Forgot about Nuneaton

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I have no stats or facts either, but I’d also say that, alongside Tamworth - they have the highest percentage of people with more than 5 fingers on each hand. 

Cannock and Dawley say hold my beer. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Chelmsley Wood stabs you in the leg and says "I win"

The wood is just a rough, concrete jungle for the most part. These other places are like going back in time. You’re more likely to get stabbed by a bloke in a Naf Naf puffa jacket and Spliffy Jeans, while someone plays a banjo in the background. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

We got married in Lichfield, and I can tell you Lichfield by night is "Broad Street Wannabee". Full of noisy pissed up words removed.

It’s a nice place, but it’s full of smack heads , and I’ve always known trouble kick off in Lichfield at night.There are some dodgy estates that people don’t see either . 

Enjoyed a night at Glee Club in Cardiff last night, all 4 sets were good but the compere was a dick which made for a slightly stilted flow between acts.

Life of Brian at Cardiff Castle open air cinema tomorrow which should be fun. Today just enjoyed a celebratory fry up after completing a solid run that ended with a massively steep hill climb. Only about 2/300 metres but such a literal pain. Now if BT deign to do their jobs and reconnect my internet the plan is full on vegging with the cricket

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Plenty of Heroin. And good for a fight at night if you’re into that kind of thing . There are some extremely hard families from there too. Plenty of Villa which is a positive . 

I do most of my business in Lichfield in the morning so don't see that side of it. Unless I pop into Maccies for a brekkie and I get a glimpse of it!

Been out a few times at night in Lichfield and luckily never had any aggro but I have heard it can get tasty in some places... Walkabout, naturally, being one of those places!

8 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Atherstone. 

I never realised the St Giles bookshop was so popular!

Judging by the demographic of the crowd, I would assume Atherstone voted 'Leave'! :D

Bloke at 1:37 looks like he's having a 'danger wank'

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Cannock and Dawley say hold my beer. 

In Dawley earlier today. What I will say, is that the extra fingers on the hands mean that people can hold a beer, light a cigarette and tap away at their mobile one handed. 

• Like 1

Â